Uk Holiday Makers Go Abroad In Summer To A Burning Destination.

Just now, Padders said:

Over exaggerating a tad there Mr. Al.

I find bus journeys on the whole quite pleasant.

You get screaming kids and smelly's in all walk of life.

I don't doubt it.

Just giving my experience when I take the bus sometimes when visiting a relative.

24 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Aye, I know the government won't rescue us, but what they will do is charge us lots of money for daft schemes that do very little to improve the situation, in fact make it worse.

What they should be doing is sorting out public transport and making it cheap, reliable and convenient so more people will use it in preference to their cars.

It worked well before in Sheffield when it was subsidised, but now it's been hived off to private companies it's a total mess. 

Yes, I do agree.  Our transport system was the absolute bees knees and cheap too, until the Tories came along with all their financial wisdom  ( what a set of idiots )

and turned a first class system into something that people would rather not use. Privatisation is never the answer  -  that just fills private pockets.

In my experience people behave well when it's expected of them, and their surroundings demand it.

Put them in a nice environment and they will react accordingly. Coaches, aeroplanes and trains have all embraced that approach and it seems to work.

IMO it would also help if busses went back to having conductors on board. 

Edited by Anna B
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

In my experience people behave well when it's expected of them, and their surroundings demand it.

Put them in a nice environment and they will react accordingly. Coaches, aeroplanes and trains have all embraced that approach and it seems to work.

Conductress's please .😍

57 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Aye, I know the government won't rescue us, but what they will do is charge us lots of money for daft schemes that do very little to improve the situation, in fact make it worse.

Do you mean like the COVID pandemic response? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Anna B said:

How much are you willing to pay in higher fares to pay for the workforce to be near doubled? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Sorry Anna but that's nonsense.

I am guessing you have not taken a train or coach late at night.

Plus if you think the trains are a nice environment, especially the toilets then I give up.

Don't get me started on flights!!

34 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Sorry Anna but that's nonsense.

I am guessing you have not taken a train or coach late at night.

Plus if you think the trains are a nice environment, especially the toilets then I give up.

Don't get me started on flights!!

Most people with sense would stop using them then.

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

How much are you willing to pay in higher fares to pay for the workforce to be near doubled? 

If having a conductor on board stopped bad behaviour, vandalism and trashing facilities, seats etc, which all have to be repaired or replaced, and encourages more people to feel safe on busses and therefore use them, it might prove very cost effective.

• Like 1