Uk Holiday Makers Go Abroad In Summer To A Burning Destination.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

🙂 Very funny...

I don't use buses much these days because of mobility problems, but there's nothing wrong with using buses.

There have been some rather snobby comments on here about it. There's nothing to look down your nose at, all kinds of people use buses for all sorts of reasons. Actually they're a great way of having a chat with different people, but I think people are now probably out of the habit.

Padders, I'll give you a stiff talking to later... ☺️

I think strange people trying to talk to me on a bus is the reason I don't get on a bus

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I think strange people trying to talk to me on a bus is the reason I don't get on a bus

Don't they try to talk to you on a plane or in a bar,  because you use them ?

19 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Yes, I do agree.  Our transport system was the absolute bees knees and cheap too, until the Tories came along with all their financial wisdom  ( what a set of idiots )

and turned a first class system into something that people would rather not use. Privatisation is never the answer  -  that just fills private pockets.

Trouble was it was paid for by rate payers which was grossly unfair because rates, or council tax as it is now, is a non-progressive tax therefore if the buses are to be run like that again the money needs to come from general taxation, preferably from VAT because then everyone contributes to it on a sliding scale.

Edited by spilldig
Addition.

9 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Trouble was it was paid for by rate payers which was grossly unfair because rates, or council tax as it is now, is a non-progressive tax therefore if the buses are to be run like that again the money needs to come from general taxation, preferably from VAT because then everyone contributes to it on a sliding scale.

I wouldn't argue which tax it's taken from as long as the majority are paying for it.

It's the only way they could possibly arrive back at a good and cheap transport system similar to what we had in the past.

55 minutes ago, spilldig said:

If only we could all decide what our portion of tax and council tax was actually spent on....

15 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I get a bus home as well,  so for both journeys I have paid £4 and saved  £26, I go to town  four nights in a month so again the monthly bus journeys total is £16 and I save £104,  the bus journey time each way is 25mins, the taxi  each way is 15 minuets so in other words Im not paying an extra £13 to knock 10 minuets off my journey.  

you should send that to the govt with regard to HS2

I'm 64 and was part of the war generation, in fact I fought in two world wars.

I think these days people do not use common sense, they have these phones that tell them what to do

When I was younger we didn't have phones as they hadnt been invented

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, rogets said:

I'm 64 and was part of the war generation, in fact I fought in two world wars.

I think these days people do not use common sense, they have these phones that tell them what to do

When I was younger we didn't have phones as they hadnt been invented

Liar! 😜

17 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Give Bundy a lift then because he apparently has to make do with buses and it's making him bad tempered.

Im sure Axe and Jaklyn Grey could take it in turns giving Bundy a lift in their Rolls Canardleys.  :hihi:

• Thanks 1