Uk Holiday Makers Go Abroad In Summer To A Burning Destination.

17 minutes ago, Tipstaff said:

I suppose if you work hard for a living and pay eye-watering amounts of tax and national insurance, you feel like you could do with a holiday abroad and enjoy the nice climate, good food and fair prices of things now and again? 

Who do you think you're conning with a statement like that ?        Don't insult our intelligence.      "Work hard for a living"   that's a favourite Tory quote despite most of them being idle sods.

Loads of people work hard for a living and I worked hard for a living before I retired.   I also paid my share of taxes and still do but I don't need a holiday to get over the shock.

Other people pay their taxes too and there's no such thing as eye watering taxes   -   if you pay a lot of tax,  you've got a lot of money left and no worries.

Working hard and paying taxes is what everyone should do and most actually do.  Working and paying taxes is not the right to kill the planet.

Stop pretending you're high rollers.    You've got your heads in The Guardian most of the time and,  you can barely manage to write a decent post on here.

27 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Working hard and paying taxes is what everyone should do and most actually do.  Working and paying taxes is not the right to kill the planet.

Unfortunately, those two statements are incompatible

Tell us what to do Brian

12 hours ago, Mister M said:

I think this will become increasingly common in the future. Though to be fair IIRC Britain's contribution to the global warming catastrophe is miniscule when compared with China and India. 

Speaking of global warming, anyone catch this news story this week?

Severe burns cases on rise in US south-west as extreme heatwave takes toll | US weather | The Guardian

Imagine getting severe burns from walking on the pavement :wow:

Fair enough, but most people tend to forget that China was the only country to try and do something about overpopulation which is the main cause of the problem.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fools said:

Unfortunately, those two statements are incompatible

Tell us what to do Brian

Better explain why then.

Which is it you have problems with,             working hard     or    paying taxes  ???????????

What's incompatible to you is down to your weird way of thinking and,  of using the English language so that words change their meaning.

I have managed for donkey's years to work hard,  and pay my taxes and,  any holidays I have  taken,  have been within 120 miles of where I live.

I have never left this country  neither by sea or air.   When people say they  MUST, have holidays abroad,   they really mean that they   WANT   to have holidays abroad.

3 hours ago, spilldig said:

Fair enough, but most people tend to forget that China was the only country to try and do something about overpopulation which is the main cause of the problem.

Climate change and war will deal with over population.

The biggest problem will be finding somewhere dry to live, and somewhere to produce food when all the seasons have gone haywire.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Better explain why then.

Which is it you have problems with,             working hard     or    paying taxes  ???????????

What's incompatible to you is down to your weird way of thinking and,  of using the English language so that words change their meaning.

I have managed for donkey's years to work hard,  and pay my taxes and,  any holidays I have  taken,  have been within 120 miles of where I live.

I have never left this country  neither by sea or air.   When people say they  MUST, have holidays abroad,   they really mean that they   WANT   to have holidays abroad.

Climate change and war will deal with over population.

The biggest problem will be finding somewhere dry to live, and somewhere to produce food when all the seasons have gone haywire.

I bet you’re fun at parties.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I bet you’re fun at parties.

I sure am and was always very popular as an entertainer.

How would you entertain a large room full of people ?  probably by telling the kind of  kid's playground jokes you come up with on here..

However Parties don't ruin the planet like foreign holidays so I don't see the connection.

As usual,  no comment from you about the subject of the thread.   Just your usual kids stuff sabotage which doesn't work amyway.

Grow up lad

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Better explain why then.

more work, more tax, more waste, more children, more consumption, more CO2.

How do you heat your home

8 minutes ago, fools said:

more work, more tax, more waste, more children, more consumption, more CO2.

How do you heat your home

No answer to my last question then.  You probably dislike work as much as you dislike paying taxes.  I told you Tories were idle.

Any excuse will do for a fool like you.  get real for a change.

How does everybody heat their homes whilst we wait for this dozy tory government  to make changes to how we do things.

They were warned about climate change 30 years ago and none of the politicians' and very few of the public did anything.

Now,  everybody wants to make excuses such as you're doing.

How's silly Sunak doing with his 5 pledges ??? not at all well, I hear.

Edited by Organgrinder