Uk Holiday Makers Go Abroad In Summer To A Burning Destination.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

No answer to my last question then.  You probably dislike work as much as you dislike paying taxes.  I told you Tories were idle.

Any excuse will do for a fool like you.  get real for a change.

How does everybody heat their homes whilst we wait for this dozy tory government  to make changes to how we do things.

They were warned about climate change 30 years ago and none of the politicians' and very few of the public did anything.

Now,  everybody wants to make excuses such as you're doing.

How's silly Sunak doing with his 5 pledges ??? not at all well, I hear.

instead of conversing like an adult, you're ranting and insulting like an unhinged teenager, get a grip

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fools said:

instead of conversing like an adult, you're ranting and insulting like an unhinged teenager, get a grip

So fools thinks that we can't save the world unless everybody stops working  ????????

Come on,  address the debate.    Can we or can't we ?????????

I hope you know that mankind existed thousands of years without causing climate change   ??????

Lots of questions   -   do you have any answers ????????

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

So fools thinks that we can't save the world unless everybody stops working  ????????

Come on,  address the debate.    Can we or can't we ?????????

I hope you know that mankind existed thousands of years without causing climate change   ??????

Lots of questions   -   do you have any answers ????????

highlighted the important bit for you

too much BBC?

Frankly our summers are so disappointing, and holidays so expensive for so little, is it surprising that people choose to go abroad? A lot of people's health suffers with our weather, particularly in winter, so they need a decent dose of sunshine to recouperate, and that can only be guaranteed in sunnier climes.

When private jets carrying just a few people all over the place on a regular basis are banned, and serious legislation on things like packaging and Corporation excess are dealt with, I might begin to consider the government et al serious in their efforts to curb climate change. Meanwhile they will continue to destroy the lives of the little man, with ill thought out and ineffective schemes like ULEZ. 

35 minutes ago, fools said:

highlighted the important bit for you

too much BBC?

So the news is only happening on the BBC is it  ?                I thought You would see similar on every news program you looked at.

Come on,  you claim you want to debate   -   you are not answering any questions

I presume that you think,  if we stop watching BC,  then climate change will reverse ?????? 

Edited by Organgrinder

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Frankly our summers are so disappointing, and holidays so expensive for so little, is it surprising that people choose to go abroad? A lot of people's health suffers with our weather, particularly in winter, so they need a decent dose of sunshine to recouperate, and that can only be guaranteed in sunnier climes.

When private jets carrying just a few people all over the place on a regular basis are banned, and serious legislation on things like packaging and Corporation excess are dealt with, I might begin to consider the government et al serious in their efforts to curb climate change. Meanwhile they will continue to destroy the lives of the little man, with ill thought out and ineffective schemes like ULEZ. 

I understand what you are saying and I understand why.

Unfortunately,   we are going to continue with our killing of the planet because everybody is not going to do anything until,   a or b,  or c,   does something first.

The only recipe we need for complete disaster.

I have never had a foreign holiday in my life and have only twice,  travelled more than 120 miles away from my home ( That was business,  not holiday )

I manage to somehow get plenty of sunshine and always show a suntan without sitting in my garden.   Sorry love, but it's more excuses for doing nothing.

If they were not polluting the planet,   I wouldn't care tuppence what everyone else is doing but,  those of us who care  are having to speak out whether anyone listens or not.  

If you have grandkids or great grandkids like me,   they are going to suffer terribly and is this going to be simply because rich people are flying around in private jets ?

19 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

So the news is only happening on the BBC is it  ?                I thought You would see similar on every news program you looked at.

Come on,  you claim you want to debate   -   you are not answering any questions

the news got swathes of the general public, to stand on their doortstep clapping, week after week not so long ago.

BBCs (very keen on the subject) climate editor was sent to spain on a jet to report on climate change, Miliband up to similar escapades, c4news regularly sending reporters abroad to report on Trump trivia and the like. Hollywood climate activists and politicians fly in on private jets to a climate conference, then back off for another holiday on a superyacht. Lefty mayors drive about in massive 4x4's, whilst implementing massive charges for the ordinary motorist to get to work

Some arsonists set something alight, in the middle of summer causing a wildfire, and the msm report the world is ending due to your trip to the supermarket, you're being had.

what was your question.

more people = more consumption, it's not hard, stop procreating if you think it's a problem

plants thrive with a bit more co2 btw

Edited by fools

15 minutes ago, fools said:

the news got swathes of the general public, to stand on their doortstep clapping, week after week not so long ago.

BBCs (very keen on the subject) climate editor was sent to spain on a jet to report on climate change, Miliband up to similar escapades, c4news regularly sending reporters abroad to report on Trump trivia and the like. Hollywood climate activists and politicians fly in on private jets to a climate conference, then back off for another holiday on a superyacht. Lefty mayors drive about in massive 4x4's, whilst implementing massive charges for the ordinary motorist to get to work

Some arsonists set something alight, in the middle of summer causing a wildfire, and the msm report the world is ending due to your trip to the supermarket, you're being had.

what was your question.

more people = more consumption, it's not hard, stop procreating if you think it's a problem

What was wrong with clapping nurses at the time.  Quite a few died whilst working to save us,  as did doctors.   Are you claiming the BBC did something wrong to show that ?

I know full well that every organisation is jetting people around the world   -   that is the same argument as Anna's but,  someone has stop making excuse and to start first.

Most of the fires are staring through natural causes.   there have always been arsonists on the planet but we never had fires and floods on this scale until the last few years.

Bottom line is irrelevant   -   the coming disasters will soon reduce the population and,  it's a pity your Mum & Dad didn't know that before they had you.

Anyway, silly Sunak agrees with you and is considering dropping his green agenda  ( only to win elections though ) so you needn't worry.  Your offspring  need to though.

Edited by Organgrinder

32 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I understand what you are saying and I understand why.

Unfortunately,   we are going to continue with our killing of the planet because everybody is not going to do anything until,   a or b,  or c,   does something first.

The only recipe we need for complete disaster.

I have never had a foreign holiday in my life and have only twice,  travelled more than 120 miles away from my home ( That was business,  not holiday )

I manage to somehow get plenty of sunshine and always show a suntan without sitting in my garden.   Sorry love, but it's more excuses for doing nothing.

If they were not polluting the planet,   I wouldn't care tuppence what everyone else is doing but,  those of us who care  are having to speak out whether anyone listens or not.  

If you have grandkids or great grandkids like me,   they are going to suffer terribly and is this going to be simply because rich people are flying around in private jets ?

I appreciate your sentiment that something must be done, and everyone can do something ( - I do try hard with recycling, and try to limit my consumption of resources etc) but what we do has little effect in the scheme of things. Apparently only half of our recycling is treated and used, the rest goes into landfill, Clean Air Zones collect money, but do little to improve air quality, (and then they go and cut down half a million trees,) I save as much water as I can, but the big water companies do little to repair leaks which waste millions of gallons, etc. etc. etc.

Britain is aiming for zero emissions, but that hurts those at the lower end of society far harder than those at the top who consume far more. Meanwhile China still belches out 1000 times what we do with no conscience and few plans to stop, etc. That cancels out all the other efforts that people make at great personal cost.

So yes, they're beginning to resent it, and that will continue until there is some real joined up thinking.

Edited by Anna B