Uk Holiday Makers Go Abroad In Summer To A Burning Destination.

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I appreciate your sentiment that something must be done, and everyone can do something ( - I do try hard with recycling, and try to limit my consumption of resources etc) but what we do has little effect in the scheme of things. Apparently only half of our recycling is treated and used, the rest goes into landfill, I save as much water as I can, but the big water companies do little to repair leaks which waste millions of gallons, etc.

Britain is aiming for zero emissions, while China still belches out 1000 times what we do with no conscience and few plans to stop, etc. That cancels out all the other efforts that people make, at great personal cost. So yes, they're beginning to resent it, and that will continue until there is some real joined up thinking.

I know,  and agree, with what you say Anna and,  believe me,   I am as frustrated as everyone else in that respect.

I also try to live as cleanly as I can and it does seem futile but,  If I just shrug and think don't bother,  then I would  just be  condemning the poor people who follow us all to untold misery.

40 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I understand what you are saying and I understand why.

Unfortunately,   we are going to continue with our killing of the planet because everybody is not going to do anything until,   a or b,  or c,   does something first.

The only recipe we need for complete disaster.

I have never had a foreign holiday in my life and have only twice,  travelled more than 120 miles away from my home ( That was business,  not holiday )

I manage to somehow get plenty of sunshine and always show a suntan without sitting in my garden.   Sorry love, but it's more excuses for doing nothing.

If they were not polluting the planet,   I wouldn't care tuppence what everyone else is doing but,  those of us who care  are having to speak out whether anyone listens or not.  

If you have grandkids or great grandkids like me,   they are going to suffer terribly and is this going to be simply because rich people are flying around in private jets ?

Meanwhile we get fined for driving a small van into Sheffield Centre , while the sky above has Jet lanes spewing out hundreds of thousands more pollutants , Ration air journeys to one a year unless the journey is vital to the economy or the Country's security .

13 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Meanwhile we get fined for driving a small van into Sheffield Centre , while the sky above has Jet lanes spewing out hundreds of thousands more pollutants , Ration air journeys to one a year unless the journey is vital to the economy or the Country's security .

That is with regard to air pollution and, though it is unpopular,  something is needed to change peoples habits.    Instead of fining you,  they could just stop you driving a small van into the city centre.

Air pollution costs the NHS a lot of money treating chest complaints which  get worse along with pollution.

I agree that restricting the amount of flying would be a good idea as you said.

6 minutes ago, fools said:

does it, or did someone with a narrative to push tell you that

It does.   try asking them if you like.        Don't you know what caused all these inner city traffic schemes to be set up.      Many think it's climate change but it isn't   -   it's air pollution.

I don't do links because I don't follow other peoples and presume they wouldn't want to follow mine.

Meaning,  if you want to know  something,  then find out for yourself.

2 hours ago, fools said:

This is all you have, is it?

Anyway, as you were everyone, the predicted effects of climate change aren't really happening in real time because Thick Jack Clot pointed out earlier that some places are not on fire. Phew!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Delbow said:

This is all you have, is it?

Anyway, as you were everyone, the predicted effects of climate change aren't really happening in real time because Thick Jack Clot pointed out earlier that some places are not on fire. Phew!

wash your hands big boy

3 hours ago, fools said:

It may surprise you but,  I am not very easily pushed.

This is a typical tactic of yours when you are struggling with the debate, to turn it onto the poster.

Edited by Organgrinder