Boozin Session Over.

40 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Shrinkflation. It's everywhere. Smaller items but same price. They think we're daft and won't notice, even have the cheek to say it's to help with obesity.... And then fruit has rocketed in price too. 

I don't know of any healthy savoury snacks to be honest.

Don't forget skimpflation: not only reducing the size while maintaining or increasing the price, but decreasing the quality too.

‘Skimpflation’: how supermarkets reduce the quality of what you buy:

Morrisons Guacamole: The ingredients used to include 80% avocado and 5% red onion but now show 77% avocado and an unspecified amount of onion.

Aldi Specially Selected Pesto Rosso 190g: This used to contain 33% extra virgin olive oil and 26% rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes; now it is 27% extra virgin olive oil and 23% rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes.

Aldi Bramwells Real Mayonnaise: It used to list 9% egg yolk but now lists 6% egg and 1.5% egg yolk.

Bertolli, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s olive oil spreads: In these spreads, too, 21% olive oil has been reduced to 10%.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Rollypolly said:

I stopped buying Heinz beans for that reason. Then I discovered Aldi's. They're much better than Heinz and cost a lot less. They also do beans and sausages which are really nice. 

And you get a free bubble bath the next day so even better value

If you eat two tins you can invite some friends over and have a hot tub party 

Edited by Jack Grey