Anybody Lived On Deerlands Avenue

Lived on Deerlands from 1946 until getting married in 1966. Lived at the top Holgate (Black hill). Almost oppisite park gates. Had some great times with great friends.

Unfortunately the house I lived in (among with loads of other houses) has been demolished. Actually drove down Deerlands today whilst on a weekend visit. Live in Blackpool now

1 hour ago, blackhill said:

Lived on Deerlands from 1946 until getting married in 1966. Lived at the top Holgate (Black hill). Almost oppisite park gates. Had some great times with great friends.

Unfortunately the house I lived in (among with loads of other houses) has been demolished. Actually drove down Deerlands today whilst on a weekend visit. Live in Blackpool now

What is or what was Black Hill please?  

Black Hill or proper name Holgate Cres. was a small hill that ran betwwen 194 and 196 Deerlands ave. It was built by Italian POWs, so I was told.

the road was black tarmac so as I was always told. Hence the name black Hill. Other theories were that there was no street lights all the way down hence also being called Black Hill becuase when it was dark believe me it was black.

5 hours ago, blackhill said:

Black Hill or proper name Holgate Cres. was a small hill that ran betwwen 194 and 196 Deerlands ave. It was built by Italian POWs, so I was told.

the road was black tarmac so as I was always told. Hence the name black Hill. Other theories were that there was no street lights all the way down hence also being called Black Hill becuase when it was dark believe me it was black.

Thank You

15 hours ago, blackhill said:

I was told the Italian pows also built the steel houses at top of the 8 foot ?