What Would Be Your Come Dine With Me Menu?

If you were selected to appear on Channel 4's Come Dine With Me, what would your menu be?

Mine would be:

First Course 

Irene's Chilli Con Carne, with cheesey nachos and homemade quacamole

Main Course 

Cottage Pie With Buttered Cabbage, Carrots & Tenderstem Broccoli, with homemade gravy

Pudding

Vanilla Cheesecake, with fresh strabwerries and chantilly cream

Drinks

Snowballs, Nottage Hill Wine, Estrella, Peroni, Cawston Press Apple & Elderflower for the teetotalers.

Edited by Irene Swaine

12 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

If you were selected to appear on Channel 4's Come Dine With Me, what would your menu be?

Mine would be:

First Course 

Irene's Chilli Con Carne, with cheesey nachos and homemade quacamole

Main Course 

Cottage Pie With Buttered Cabbage, Carrots & Tenderstem Broccoli, with homemade gravy

Pudding

Vanilla Cheesecake, with fresh strabwerries and chantilly cream

Drinks

Snowballs, Nottage Hill Wine, Estrella, Peroni, Cawston Press Apple & Elderflower for the teetotalers.

thats heavy stuff for a date.

appetisers  some crostini olive tapanade.

first course  scallops with pancettta and black pudding crumb with pea and mint puree

2nd course duck breast served pink with a redcurrent jus, fondant potatoes and asparagus 

dessert creme brulee or fruit panacotta.

drinks Negroni, new zealand sauvignon blanc & a pinot noir.

vecchia romagna  to finish

Edited by ab6262
  • Like 1

I’m not a very good cook so I would keep it as simple as possible, also something you can prepare earlier in the day so you can spend as little time as possible in the kitchen when you are entertaining.  

Starters- 

Just a simple prawn cocktail to start with.  I would buy the prawns from the Fish Quay’s in North Shields, not to far from where I live. It has a good reputation for fresh fish and huge prawns. 

Main Course - 

A beef lasagna probably made the day before ready to pop in the oven.  I’d put plenty of filling in the layers of pasta.  Side salad

Dessert - 

A trifle, if not home made one from Marks and Spencer’s.

I don’t drink wine so I will see what other poster have chosen and copy some  of there choice of wines.

I’m hoping FIRETHORN1 will post on here because I think she will have some very good ideas. Hopefully how to cook the food to.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, pariba said:

Wow is that supposed to be funny? I find word used to describe a Chinese takeaway offensive. I am all for a laugh although not at the expense of others or is it just me?

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you are right.

• Like 1

I asked if it was just me ? I was not suggesting everyone should be offended as clearly we are all not the clones. I expect it is better to stay safely silent when one makes an observation on a post😂and no I am not Chinese.