First date in sheffield daytime sunday

Where is good to go on a first date, during the day on a sunday in sheffield?

Please anyone? and if anyone should say Meadowhall il shoot them i promise!

get down london rd,allways welcome a bit of talant they,

A first date! ohhhh nice, lucky you! Are you expecting to have a meal and spend a lot of time together - or just a quick look-see to check him out?

The Ha-Ha by the Peace Gardens is ok, you can get coffee or alcohol and a snack or a meal. Then a stroll through the Winter Garden ... or the Botanical Gardens if it's a nice day and there's a bistro there. And Eccy Road too

Have a good excuse ready at the start though, in case it's totally dire and you want to leave early ...

kinda, its a set up, but we talked on phone, as such, would like to get to know each other, we kinda know loads anyway, but would be nice to talk in day than shout at night, not really wanting to have alcohol, but winter gardens seems good idea, and it central, thanks.

as for leaving early id have to be blunt and just say something, thats what id want. But have mate who set it up by phone incase, lol

Wish me luck :)

any other ideas??

He may have his own ideas on where to meet of course? Or is the venue left to you to decide?

I know it's not got a particularly good rep but some Forummers met in the Bankers Draft on Sunday afternoon and the upstairs section was ok. I had the veggie alternative and really enjoyed it. It wasn't crowded and even with the football on, was ok for conversation. The Canal Basin isn't too far away either if you want to stroll? Although you do have to go through the market area to get there :(

Whatever you decide, hope you have a good time.

Archived