New Shop Opening - Sostrene Grene

3 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

While I applaud them opening stores, surely a city centre isn't the ideal place to transport furniture from?
Nice looking stuff on the website though.

One would imagine the larger stuff is delivered.

I heard something about this earlier, but couldn't remember the name of the shop... Thanks for that!

Given the large (and rising!) number of trendy young things that live in / Vnear the city centre, this sounds ideally placed.

still, i have faith that my cohort of grumpy old gits will find something to complain about.

Edited by ads36

10 minutes ago, ads36 said:

I heard something about this earlier, but couldn't remember the name of the shop... Thanks for that!

Given the large (and rising!) number of trendy young things that live in / Vnear the city centre, this sounds ideally placed.

still, i have faith that my cohort of grumpy old gits will find something to complain about.

Its disgusting mate, it should be a branch of Cockaynes instead, or Cole Brothers. Or, just knock the building down and make a new Hole In The Road instead. Eeeee, nostalgia.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ads36 said:

Oh dear! :(

I can't see this being a success...

... some of us have only just learned how to pronounce IKEA! :roll:

Spoils.  Now that was a superb shop.  And The Pier.  Can't remember if Sheffield had one of those though.

This new one looks good.  Great Location. Hope it does well. 

Been having a look at Cambridge Street on Google maps - the buildings are looking well after having some work done. 

1 hour ago, fools said:

Are there any shops in Sheffield and surrounding areas that sell a good range of quality furniture like Cockaynes, Coles and Cantors once did. Ditto office furniture. With free parking obviously.

Ponsfords at Heeley or Barkers in Hillsborough.

• Thanks 1