In Moderation.

"Everything in moderation" has been the advice of doctors, seniors and elder relatives for years.  I think these are wise words and I have (for the most part) heeded them.

I have just been reading some posts on here,  where there are pages of rants and unkind name-calling bordering on bullying.  Have the 'mods' retired?

1 minute ago, Tipstaff said:

"Everything in moderation" has been the advice of doctors, seniors and elder relatives for years.  I think these are wise words and I have (for the most part) heeded them.

I have just been reading some posts on here,  where there are pages of rants and unkind name-calling bordering on bullying.  Have the 'mods' retired?

SFBeca is the only mod and tbf for someone who works full time as well as moderate this place she does a good job. 

• Like 3

The 'mods' were 'dispensed with' when the forum was sold on. The new owners rely on sensible reporting of severe rule-breaking.

• Like 1

Just now, RollingJ said:

The 'mods' were 'dispensed with' when the forum was sold on. The new owners rely on sensible reporting of severe rule-breaking.

Thanks for this RollingJ.   I haven't felt the need to report any posts, but just wondered if anyone was moderating on the site these days.  

Thanks for this RollingJ.   I haven't felt the need to report any posts, but just wondered if anyone was moderating on the site these days.  

If memory serves Beca logs on 2 or 3 times a day so things still get done it just takes a little longer than before at times.

• Like 2

Just now, Tipstaff said:

As 'The_Daddy' says above, there is a member of the 'new' owners staff who responds in her own time to reports, but on the whole, most members behave themselves.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Tipstaff said:

You should have seen it in the ‘old days’, reasonable posters were banned for life for having the temerity to question one of the favoured few, take care of what you wish for.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, crookesey said:

You should have seen it in the ‘old days’, reasonable posters were banned for life for having the temerity to question one of the favoured few, take care of what you wish for.

Hmmm... :huh:

That was in the days when there were more than enough decent posters to go around.

Nowadays, there's so few decent posters left that it's seemingly being encouraged for people to set up multiple accounts...
... just so they can argue with themselves and boost forum clicks!

Of course this is only going to work in the short term...
... in the long term, it just means that even more decent posters will give up making the effort!

I'd be surprised if any of us are still here come the new year! :roll:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

That was in the days when there were more than enough decent posters to go around.

Nowadays, there's so few decent posters left that it's seemingly being encouraged for people to set up multiple accounts...
... just so they can argue with themselves and boost forum clicks!

Of course this is only going to work in the short term...
... in the long term, it just means that even more decent posters will give up making the effort!

I'd be surprised if any of us are still here come the new year! :roll:

I fear that you are correct, in truth the forum has got what it deserved, however I don’t wish it any more pain.