England Lionesses Euro Win Voted Greatest Sporting Moment Of All Time

The_DADDY

England’s Lionesses winning the UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 Championships has been voted the greatest sporting moment of all time, according to a new poll of Brits.

Sarina Wiegman's side beat old rivals Germany 2-1 in the final to spark jubilant scenes around the country.

A poll conducted by Sportsbreaks.com sees that triumph top the list, with Andy Murray's triumph at Wimbledon in 2013 coming second.

The Brit beat Novak Djokovic in the final that year, 12 months after he'd been beaten by Roger Federer at the same stage

https://www.gbnews.com/sport/england-lionesses-football-news?fbclid=IwAR1FSjxSstgdXsLD9t1EDkE1Fp_zKiZNfM4AuB0QbjX3t4ibs1iyVr2LGGk

Sure it was a good achievement but the best ever?

Really?

Your thoughts?

Well obviously it isn't would be the correct answer.

However, a lot depends on what sex or age group were asked.

I am guessing it's was 50/50 male and female and I've no doubt a large majority of women would say the Euros as it's fresh in the memory and let's be honest, would the majority of British women know many more superb sporting achievements?

The men would give a much more varied response.

Andy Murray winning Wimbledon was not as great as a 17 year old unknown called Boris Becker winning it, Murray was one of the favourites when he won.

Is winning a European tournament greater than winning a World tournament, I don't personally think it is.

It's a tough question to be fair. 

I don't think there are many greater sporting achievements than Wimbledon football club going from Division 4, to the Premier League and winning the F.A cup in such a short period, but I highly doubt anyone from outside of the UK would have that down!

On 28/07/2023 at 06:44, ukdobby said:

Aabsolutely ridiculous,the bit of world cup I've seen is like watching the lads under 15s.

IMO, admitted, some games have been scrappy but its only early days yet,  I still prefer Womens football to Mens football,  Women play with more imagination hence making a  more entertaining game, and most of the time they get straight back up when they have been downed. admitted,  England do have to step it up a bit if they want to go all the way. 

On 27/07/2023 at 18:22, The_DADDY said:

England’s Lionesses winning the UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 Championships has been voted the greatest sporting moment of all time, according to a new poll of Brits.

Sarina Wiegman's side beat old rivals Germany 2-1 in the final to spark jubilant scenes around the country.

A poll conducted by Sportsbreaks.com sees that triumph top the list, with Andy Murray's triumph at Wimbledon in 2013 coming second.

The Brit beat Novak Djokovic in the final that year, 12 months after he'd been beaten by Roger Federer at the same stage

https://www.gbnews.com/sport/england-lionesses-football-news?fbclid=IwAR1FSjxSstgdXsLD9t1EDkE1Fp_zKiZNfM4AuB0QbjX3t4ibs1iyVr2LGGk

Really?

Your thoughts?

The poll ia totally meaningless. How many of us have actually visited sportsbreak.com? It's like saying brits are overwhelmingly "anti woke" due to a poll on gbnews...................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/07/2023 at 17:22, The_DADDY said:

Really?

Your thoughts?

These footballers wunt last a day climbing mountains in the Tour De France , The UK lads who have won that are the best ever sports people to ever a event in history .