Are Gay Pride Marches Past Their Sell By Date?

Today I witnessed an embarrassing occurrence in which a fire engine adorned with a rainbow flag caused havoc in a pedestrian area.  Now gays are allowed to do whatever they do and even marry each other is it really necessary to have gay pride events?

Edited by Axe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently gays are still oppressed something something. 

Transgenders are being genocided something something 

MAPS is a normal sexual preference something something  

So yes. They are still needed something something 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

Today I witnessed an embarrassing occurrence in which a fire engine adorned with a rainbow flag caused havoc in a pedestrian area.  Now gays are allowed to do whatever they do and even marry each other is it really necessary to have gay pride events?

Where? And what 'havoc'? And  why can't the LGBT community have events - every other 'alternative lifestyle' group(and others) have them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Where? And what 'havoc'? And  why can't the LGBT community have events - every other 'alternative lifestyle' group(and others) have them?

In Retford today. A fire engine adorned with a rainbow flag drove down a narrow pedestrian area where vehicles are not allowed to drive.  No problem with a fire engine driving down a pedestrian area when there is an emergency such as putting out a fire but cannot see any justification for a fire engine doing so because a gay pride event is taking place.

1 minute ago, Axe said:

In Retford today. A fire engine adorned with a rainbow flag drove down a narrow pedestrian area where vehicles are not allowed to drive.  No problem with a fire engine driving down a pedestrian area when there is an emergency such as putting out a fire but cannot see any justification for a fire engine doing so because a gay pride event is taking place.

On it's way to the event, or as part of the event?

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

On it's way to the event, or as part of the event?

I am guessing the fire engine must have been part of the event with it having a rainbow flag adorned to it.  I did not witness any other taxpayer's funded  emergency vehicles adorned with rainbow flags taking part in the event or illegally driving in pedestrian only areas.

My postman isn't best pleased about the whole pride thing. His van has great big rainbow stickers on it and he said it makes him feel silly and his kids troll him mercilessly to the point he now carries his post bag across his front because he was sick of his kids 'reacharound' jokes.

You have to feel for the guy 😪

1 minute ago, Axe said:

I am guessing the fire engine must have been part of the event with it having a rainbow flag adorned to it.  I did not witness any other taxpayer's funded  emergency vehicles adorned with rainbow flags taking part in the event or illegally driving in pedestrian only areas.

So, from that comment, I understand the 'march' used that route, and they would have had authorisation to be there.