Are Gay Pride Marches Past Their Sell By Date?

9 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Israel don't want homosexuality to be illegal so that's why they are defending themselves against the Muslim states that want to wipe them out

You think that's what the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is about? Good grief! 🤣

5 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I am supposed to come out with all sorts virtue signalling cobblers here : I wouldn't be bothered, it's his life, I'd be happy to go to his wedding to his husband, etc etc.

But I would not mean it, nor do I think most parents would really mean it either.

Assuming he could actually have kids (not all couples are  lucky enough to be able to do that....), I'd be very very upset.

Well I'd be saying good riddance to parents like that.  The arrogance that they expect their offspring to choose and live by the sexuality that they determine is best.  I'd just want my children to be happy and successful in their own lives and wouldn't give a flying fig on their sexuality or whether they choose to have children or not.  

Jesus Christ, no wonder even in 2023 large numbers of people are still living in denial or falsehood or having their freedoms curtailed for constant pressure to conform to some bull crap pre-determined moral or social acceptance for fear of reprisal, family breakdown, being outcast or even been persecuted (70 countries) or killed (11 countries) by a government authority.

People are asking if the pride marches are still relevant? The answer is bloody obvious.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Well I'd be saying good riddance to parents like that.  The arrogance that they expect their offspring to choose and live by the sexuality that they determine is best.  I'd just want my children to be happy and successful in their own lives and wouldn't give a flying fig on their sexuality or whether they choose to have children or not.  

Jesus Christ, no wonder even in 2023 large numbers of people are still living in denial or falsehood or having their freedoms curtailed for constant pressure to conform to some bull crap pre-determined moral or social acceptance for fear of reprisal, family breakdown, being outcast or even been persecuted (70 countries) or killed (11 countries) by a government authority.

People are asking if the pride marches are still relevant? The answer is bloody obvious.

I don't think you read my post, or at least didn't understand it.

Just out of interest, what do you think Pride marches and soddin' Rainbow flags all over the place, are actually achieving ?

Do you really think they will make people think, "oh yes, if my child turns out to be Bi, I really don't mind if he decides to go with Gay rather than straight (and bang goes any chance of Grandkids) ?"

>> even been persecuted (70 countries) or killed (11 countries) by a government authority<<

What relevance is this ? I thought we were talking about this country ?

>>and wouldn't give a flying fig..............................whether they choose to have children or not.<<

Some parents might think that, not that many I would wager

Edited by Chekhov

33 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

We don't need pride marches in the UK

LGB people have just as many rights and protections as anyone else

The Q & T however want everyone to live in a dream world where up is down and down is up

A world where anyone can change their sex like the wind and then demand everyone else accept it or else 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

I don't think you read my post, or at least didn't understand it.

Just out of interest, what do you think Pride marches and soddin' Rainbow flags all over the place, are actually achieving ?

Do you really think they will make people think, "oh yes, if my child turns out to be Bi, I really don't mind if he decides to go with Gay rather than straight (and bang goes any chance of Grandkids) ?"

>> even been persecuted (70 countries) or killed (11 countries) by a government authority<<

What relevance is this ? I thought we were talking about this country ?

>>and wouldn't give a flying fig..............................whether they choose to have children or not.<<

Some parents might think that, not that many I would wager

Pride marches were vital throughout the 70s and 80s - not only as a means of bringing people together, but to organise and campaign. 

Nowadays they have taken on a much more celebratory function - nothing wrong with that of course. However as I indicated earlier there are still large pockets of prejudice.

• Like 1