Are Gay Pride Marches Past Their Sell By Date?

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

If they have a different protected characteristic then yes you are right.

But your average non disabled etc straight white man has no hate crime protection in the law as far as I'm aware. 

I'd be happy to be proved wrong though 

Race is a protected characteristic. So any racial slur used against a white person will be treated the same as a racial slur against any other 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'd be happy to be proved wrong though 

Yes there is. You've just named 2. 

Their not priveledges. They are protected characteristics which apply to anyone. 

Priveledges are usually deemed to be exclusive 

Just now, Delayed said:

Race is a protected characteristic. So any racial slur used against a white person will be treated the same as a racial slur against any other 

What kind of racial slur? 

I'd be interested to see any instances of someone being prosecuted for calling a white person a racial slur.

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'd be interested to see any instances of someone being prosecuted for calling a white person a racial slur.

Anti white racism could still exist without a specific slur being said but point being, it would be still treated under the protected characteristic of 'race'.

It is widely reported that the Rotherham Grooming scandal victims were targeted based upon their race as 'white girls' were seen as being lesser.

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Hang on, you said in a previous thread on this forum that you're mixed race and have been subject to racist abuse in the past.

26 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

It's a right not to be offended.

Look, If i call you a fag that's a hate crime.

I'm a straight male so you call me whatever you like. No hate crime. 

You have 'gay privilage'. 

My bold

I made no mention of being white..

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Hang on, you said in a previous thread on this forum that you're mixed race and have been subject to racist abuse in the past.

Mixed heritage yes. I have slightly darker skin than your average white, when i was younger it was more obvious hence the racial stuff. I was called p####, w## etc.

As a result of my Irish traveller heritage I was called pikey, mick, terrorist etc.

Just now, The_DADDY said:

My bold

I made no mention of being white..

Mixed heritage yes. I have slightly darker skin than your average white, when i was younger it was more obvious hence the racial stuff. I was called p####, w## etc.

As a result of my Irish traveller heritage I was called pikey, mick, terrorist etc.

So you have privilege too.

I think the hate crime legislation was a knee jerk reaction.

If I remember correctly there was and probably still is legislation against using language intended to cause  offendce and conduct liable to cause a breach of the peace.

An homosexual person is in a minority and sadly those in a minority are seen as an easy target by some.  

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Very possibly. 

Which privilege do you think I might have?

I suppose if you're from an ethnic minority, or perceived to be then you have the 'privilege' to report any crime which is aggravated by racial motivation as a hate crime.

Edited by Mister M