Are Gay Pride Marches Past Their Sell By Date?

Just now, RollingJ said:

If you say so. As i didn't follow that fiasco, I will have to take your word for it, but from the very odd post I read on that topic, it wasn't just the police who were at fault, but other agencies also.

Agreed. It was the failing of Rotherham Council too

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grooming-gangs-iicsa-racist-fears-b2007649.html

"Official reports into abuse by grooming gangs have identified racism fears as an issue for almost a decade, but Mr O’Brien said cases seen for IICSA’s latest report were “very recent indeed”.

In 2013, a report by parliament’s Home Affairs Committee considered a widespread perception that the majority of perpetrators were of Asian or of Muslim origin.

It reported that the fear of being seen as racist may have hindered the detection of and intervention in abuse and said it was “essential” for professionals to raise concerns freely."

You could argue that the perpetrators knew this, so being a certain ethnicity, you might say, did have a certain privilege.

It was an absolute disgrace and a pointer of how folk are being bullied into  keeping their traps shut by the loonies.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Delayed said:

So you're saying that if something is not on the internet it doesn't exist? 

crime, typically one involving violence, that is motivated by prejudice on the basis of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or similar grounds.

"legislation to stiffen penalties for persons convicted of hate crimes.

Google is your friend 

So if I say that marriage should only be between a man and a biological women is that a hate crime? 

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

So if I say that marriage should only be between a man and a biological women is that a hate crime? 

Not in my opinion but if you say,  got drunk and started shouting it about in the wrong place then it could lead to a breach of the peace and involve the police who could say it's incitement.

Edited by cressida

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Depends who you say it to and how you say it. But then again, I'm not the police so can't say either way 

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Depends who you say it to and how you say it. But then again, I'm not the police so can't say either way 

So other people get to choose if what I say is offensive?

What if in Muslim and say that homosexuality is a crime against god....is that ok? 

6 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

So other people get to choose if what I say is offensive?

What if in Muslim and say that homosexuality is a crime against god....is that ok? 

Not sure why you are asking me these questions?

But expressing your opinion is not a hate crime. Using those opinions to discriminate is....

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Not at all.  The Church of England still opposes same sex marriage.  When I went to school each Christmas we had a nativity play featuring Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus.