Are Gay Pride Marches Past Their Sell By Date?

I think it is time to stop the marches, all the pride flag flying and rainbow painting.

The present generation have been made aware that homosexuality is natural in some people and accept it I think.

Some people because of attitudes in their developing years will not agree with it. You will not change their views and some of the flamboyant marches etc.  will only cause a deeper division.

The marches etc. just demonstrate that homosexual and heterosexual people are different when in fact they are the same except for their sexual preferences.

There will always be some people who want to have target figures for whatever reasons and it must be remembered that not all insults/assaults are because of the sexual preference of the person involved.

I think most homosexual people just want to integrate in society, get on with life and not make a fuss.

There will always be people who want to be noticed and have a cause to follow regardless of what it is.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Axe said:

Today I witnessed an embarrassing occurrence in which a fire engine adorned with a rainbow flag caused havoc in a pedestrian area.  Now gays are allowed to do whatever they do and even marry each other is it really necessary to have gay pride events?

No, these Pride events and rainbow flags flying from public buildings are just a PITA and annoying to many people.

Similarly this obsession with gayness. There was a report on BBC R4 news this morning that Liverpool wanted to stage Ukraine's Gay Pride parade ! I was astounded. Why and who cares ? But more significantly, why is that a story important enough to be on BBC news ?

A bit like BLM, all this cobblers achieves nothing. People who are gay and/or into all that gay pride stuff do not need it to "correct" their attitude. On the other hand people who, rightly or wrongly, are uncomfortable with such stuff will just be annoyed even more and feel their view (that all this LGBTQI+-x÷ is being remorselessly forced down our throats) is actually correct.

It's totally counter productive and just virtue signalling BS.

Edited by Chekhov

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

I recall quite a few years ago a new company rep of a firm that I had dealt with for many years introducing himself. He told me his full name and quite surprisingly that he was gay, and asked me if this would be a problem for me. I was quite taken aback and answered,“Not unless they make it compulsory”, he proceeded to howl with laughter and it was never mentioned again.

I'd have said I have no problem with it, unless you want to start snogging your boyfriend in front of me....

15 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I'd have said I have no problem with it, unless you want to start snogging your boyfriend in front of me....

But I managed to negotiate an additional early settlement discount that amounted to a very tidy sum, everyone to their own. 😉

Guest ThaBoom
1 hour ago, vmam said:

Should heterosexuals march to show how proud we are ? 

Why not?

May be along the same route as the Gay Pride march and holding placards reading: If it wasn't for us, YOU wouldn't be here.

2 hours ago, vmam said:

Should heterosexuals march to show how proud we are ? 

do we have to?

have we had to fight for the rights to be hetrosexual?

have we struggled?

been imprisoned?

beaten up?

killed?

Hated?

Laughed at?

lost jobs for being hetrosexual?

hidden away?

banned?

if so then yeah go for it, im up for it.

Edited by melthebell
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

do we have to?

have we had to fight for the rights to be hetrosexual?

have we struggled?

been imprisoned?

beaten up?

killed?

Hated?

Laughed at?

lost jobs for being hetrosexual?

hidden away?

banned?

if so then yeah go for it, im up for it.

The points you make are in the past like many things which we now accept were wrong but have moved on.

By stopping the marches, flags etc shows we have moved on and things have changed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

The points you make are in the past like many things which we now accept were wrong but have moved on.

By stopping the marches, flags etc shows we have moved on and things have changed.

things have got better, but its still not perfect, this very thread shows that

• Like 3