Are Gay Pride Marches Past Their Sell By Date?

11 minutes ago, melthebell said:

things have got better, but its still not perfect, this very thread shows that

Very few things in life are perfect and all the publicity we are talking about are not making any difference  but probably causing division in my view.

Some homosexuals may not be liked but it may be because of their behaviour and lifestyle just the same as with heterosexual people nothing to do with their sexuality.

The battle has been won, let's move on.

Edited by harvey19
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Very few things in life are perfect and all the publicity we are talking about are not making any difference  but probably causing division in my view.

Some homosexuals may not be liked but it may be because of their behaviour and lifestyle just the same as with heterosexual people nothing to do with their sexuality.

The battle has been won, let's move on.

but the battle hasnt been won, theres still plenty in this world that hate them just for existing, theres still bigots around, especially on the right, like i said this thread, and the post i quoted show that, its the usual bilge from the right, oh lets have a hetrosexual march :rolleyes: either deliberately ignoring the reasons why there has been a struggle for human rights to just exist, or complete ignorance, tbh i'd go with the first.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

but the battle hasnt been won, theres still plenty in this world that hate them just for existing, theres still bigots around, especially on the right, like i said this thread, and the post i quoted show that, its the usual bilge from the right, oh lets have a hetrosexual march :rolleyes: either deliberately ignoring the reasons why there has been a struggle for human rights to just exist, or complete ignorance, tbh i'd go with the first.

You will never change some peoples views or their reasons for having them.

Integration is the way forward to acceptance.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

OOPS

55 minutes ago, melthebell said:

There has been bigots around since time began and will be until we cease to exist.

Absolutely no one will argue that attitudes towards homosexuals has evolved at tremendous pace over the years, but this continuous push regarding the LGBTQ is doing nothing but put back years of education and progress made.

It's exactly the same as the BLM movement, it started off rather poignant but was then hyjacked by agitators and racists pushing their views on perfectly rounded and accepting members of the general public, thus creating more division than seen for years. It created more harm than good, identical to what's happening with the constant push for Trans/LGBTQ awareness.

For you to mention the " right" in a negative way is exactly the proof required to make my point.

With respect, It's folk like you that are causing more harm than good, exactly like the agitators such as the Guardian intended.  It's such a shame as things were progressing rather nicely.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Thanks 1

I'd support a gay pride event in Saudi or somewhere like Morocco 

Id even support one in Bradford or Luton

But they wouldn't dare doing it in any of those places 

What ironic is that the lefties hate Israel but they have a pride march every year where as homosexuality is illegal in Palestine 

Edited by Jack Grey

30 minutes ago, crookesey said:

To be perfectly honest I’m not a marching sort of person, I just wonder how many  folk would put their lives on the line and march against say,  a violent Fascist administration.

More than marching, I presume you dont know about 2 world wars, the battle of cable street or the Spanish civil war?

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Very eloquent and true posts Mel,  

Harold Macmillan once said 'but life's not fair' and my answer (unspoken) has always been then lets make it fair-er.

Edited by cressida
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1