Are Gay Pride Marches Past Their Sell By Date?

Throughout history homosexuals have been persecuted just for being who they are,  and if they aren't there then anyone who is 'different' e.g.. disabled people,  disfigured people become a target,  this happened in both world wars, 

that's what Mel's on about imo.

Edited by cressida
  • Like 1

Everyone has the right to be who ever they want to be just as long as it doesn't break the law or encroach on other people's rights.

Like the Sheffield trans lady who looks like a man in a dress demanded that she use the womens changing room at the Mercure hotel

This also the trans woman who walked through the changing rooms at Ponds Forge whole young girls were getting changed

Demanding that they use changing rooms should be denied because of the safety of others

12 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Everyone has the right to be who ever they want to be just as long as it doesn't break the law or encroach on other people's rights.

Like the Sheffield trans lady who looks like a man in a dress demanded that she use the womens changing room at the Mercure hotel

This also the trans woman who walked through the changing rooms at Ponds Forge whole young girls were getting changed

Demanding that they use changing rooms should be denied because of the safety of others

I have experience of this,  I was on a coach trip and it stopped at a service station,  went in the ladies,  as I walked out a trans. bloke in a woman's suit walked in - now what if it had been a heterosexual bloke who had come in to creep 

on women,  there wasn't anyone else around - that's the only danger I can think of.

Do shop still have communal changing rooms?  Don't like those either.

quote:  Everyone has the right to be who ever they want to be just as long as it doesn't break the law or encroach on other people's rights.

As long as it doesn't break the law I agree.

Edited by cressida

36 minutes ago, cressida said:

I have experience of this,  I was on a coach trip and it stopped at a service station,  went in the ladies,  as I walked out a trans. bloke in a woman's suit walked in - now what if it had been a heterosexual bloke who had come in to creep 

on women,  there wasn't anyone else around - that's the only danger I can think of.

Do shop still have communal changing rooms?  Don't like those either.

quote:  Everyone has the right to be who ever they want to be just as long as it doesn't break the law or encroach on other people's rights.

As long as it doesn't break the law I agree.

A similar thing happened to my daughter at college. She was getting changed in a female changing room and whilst she was in little more than her underwear a man just walks in and starts getting undressed. 

She panicked and phoned me from inside a cubicle in quite a state. This happened in her last week of college so instead of making a formal complaint we just let it go. 

There was a unisex changing room downstairs by the way but no, this weirdo had to use the ladies despite obviously being a man.

Muh, feelings though eh 🙄

42 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I think a celebration of your identity is a good thing, whether it's your nationality (St Georges day,) Your religion, (very common abroad,) A party (Irish St Patricks day for example) Your sexuality (Pride) a commemoration (1st /2nd world war) or anything else for that matter. 

A lot of these come with controversy, ('Australia Day' is called' is called 'Invasion Day' by the Aborigines) and so as well as celebrating, or raising awareness,  they highlight issues and encourage fresh / further debate and discussion which is also a good thing IMO.

8 hours ago, melthebell said:

but the battle hasnt been won, theres still plenty in this world that hate them just for existing, theres still bigots around, especially on the right, like i said this thread, and the post i quoted show that, its the usual bilge from the right, oh lets have a hetrosexual march :rolleyes: either deliberately ignoring the reasons why there has been a struggle for human rights to just exist, or complete ignorance, tbh i'd go with the first.

I have never met one I have to say.

There are, however, rightly or wrongly, many people who are not entirely comfortable with the idea, particularly if it's "in their face".

I have nothing against gay people (though I would not want may son to be encouraged to be gay, I want grandkids thanks very much) but I am not comfortable seeing gay couples kissing each other. I suspect many people, maybe even most, feel similarly even if they would not admit it. One thing's for certain, forcing them to confront the latter will not make them feel more positive. Thus all this gay pride stuff is not going to help, it's just virtue signalling "preaching to the converted", if anything it's counter productive.

8 hours ago, harvey19 said:

You will never change some peoples views or their reasons for having them.

Delicious irony part 3567 In this hypocritical authoritarian world of ours, Liberal types think they are being Liberal by telling everyone else how they should think..... 

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1