Sheffield Wednesday V Southampton Fri Eve

bassett one

but as the southampton bbc reporter said on radio sheffield  the problem they have several players are wanted by big clubs,will they play fantastic to ensure the onlooking clubs see them and go yes go the extra cash and sign them or will they think play steady and ensure i dont get injured ect,ect he said they had a losing mentality and we know at hillsbrough what happens if a team has that,so its a case of there minds,we have the problem of a new team,new ideas ect,so i go for a draw or sneaky win ,our new centre half cannot play as still banned,i hope he changes his ways from his past as hes a good player.

37 minutes ago, bassett one said:

but as the southampton bbc reporter said on radio sheffield  the problem they have several players are wanted by big clubs,will they play fantastic to ensure the onlooking clubs see them and go yes go the extra cash and sign them or will they think play steady and ensure i dont get injured ect,ect he said they had a losing mentality and we know at hillsbrough what happens if a team has that,so its a case of there minds,we have the problem of a new team,new ideas ect,so i go for a draw or sneaky win ,our new centre half cannot play as still banned,i hope he changes his ways from his past as hes a good player.

He has had more clubs than Jack Nicholas 

• Haha 1

An interesting first match for the Championship, the bottom of the premier league v the team that went up via the play offs.

You could say this was deliberately selected as the opening match as it is the most intriguing

Would Millwall v Preston have had the same interest as the season opener, or even worse Rotherham v QPR

it will be very intresting as i say does a multi million pound player that wants to leave Southampton play his best or carefull not to get injured? and theres several of the team players like that or do they not play them and risk losing that top quality in the side,plus we are a new squad are we ready yet?

1 hour ago, rogets said:

An interesting first match for the Championship, the bottom of the premier league v the team that went up via the play offs.

You could say this was deliberately selected as the opening match as it is the most intriguing

Would Millwall v Preston have had the same interest as the season opener, or even worse Rotherham v QPR

This match is of great importance Rogets.

Should have been moved to Wembley.......

38 minutes ago, Padders said:

This match is of great importance Rogets.

Should have been moved to Wembley.......

Thats a matter of opinion though padders, you can't have games being played at Wembley just because the fans think their team is the most important team in the land.

Can you imagine if Rotherham United fans had that mindset, we would be treat to the awful spectacle of Rotherham v Huddersfield town (for example) being played at our flagship stadium.

• Like 1