Sheffield Wednesday V Southampton Fri Eve

bassett one

Common sense says that Wednesday will take some positives out of that and rightly so.

I don't think Southampton were quite firing on all cylinders tonight, but they will be glad to have got the job done. If that squad stays in tact come the end of the window, then it's a no brainer that they will finish in the top 6 in that league.

What Wednesday need however is to keep the positivity around the squad. When the going gets tough and the rot sets in, that is when you begin to worry.....

All in all, not the worse result.

• Like 1

Just now, Mooks said:

Deserved a draw after the second half performance shame but showed promise for the coming games.

Chin up guys it's a long haul not a sprint..👍

To be fair…..Could have been slaughtered in the first half.

1-2 could have been much worse.

Fair result. Southampton are capable of much more.

18 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well pity about the palmer error ,but we worked hard,a new side ,but move on and lets see,pity we have not got a extra 44 million like they have as its a big advantage

And more to come . Not a level playing Field 

22 minutes ago, Mooks said:

Deserved a draw after the second half performance shame but showed promise for the coming games.

Chin up guys it's a long haul not a sprint..👍

Wouldn't go quite that far Mooks.... the stats show Southampton as complete value for money, but then again it is to be expected.

Possession:

Owls 20%   Southampton 80%

Shots:

Owls 8   Southampton 24

On target:

Owls 1   Southampton 8

As said, southampton deserved it and aren't quite firing yet.... which is scary. If they improve that shots to goals ratio, they will be a tough team to deal with this year.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

To be fair…..Could have been slaughtered in the first half.

1-2 could have been much worse.

Fair result. Southampton are capable of much more.

It could certainly have been worse. I think that you saw precisely why Saints were relegated, lots of pretty football, little end product.

Then again, nobody could expect that Wednesday starting XI to win the game. For me, it was about the new signings. Delgado looks as though he’s made of the right stuff. Fletcher and Musaba had a few decent moments when they came on. 

All, in all, a fair result. I’d expect us to  get better and Saints to get worse over the next few weeks.

39 minutes ago, Monkesreturn said:

Wouldn't go quite that far Mooks.... the stats show Southampton as complete value for money, but then again it is to be expected.

Possession:

Owls 20%   Southampton 80%

Shots:

Owls 8   Southampton 24

On target:

Owls 1   Southampton 8

As said, southampton deserved it and aren't quite firing yet.... which is scary. If they improve that shots to goals ratio, they will be a tough team to deal with this year.

All that.

19 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It could certainly have been worse. I think that you saw precisely why Saints were relegated, lots of pretty football, little end product.

Then again, nobody could expect that Wednesday starting XI to win the game. For me, it was about the new signings. Delgado looks as though he’s made of the right stuff. Fletcher and Musaba had a few decent moments when they came on. 

All, in all, a fair result. I’d expect us to  get better and Saints to get worse over the next few weeks.

Agreed…in part.

If Southampton had found their scoring boots (which they had clearly misplaced last season), then it would have been a whitewash.

But that’s one of the reasons they are where they are now.

They’ll come good because they have the squad and the depth, and a very good squad.

So I really dont see how Saints could get worse?

I guess we’ll  just have to agree to disagree on that one. Surely Saints will finish above Wednesday.