Royal Mail. Don't Pay For 1st Class Stamps !

On Wed  this week I paid £1.07 for a First   Class Stamp and posted a birthday card that day expecting delivery (to a  local addressee) the following day .

The  card was delayed by 3 days !!

A)   I could have opted for a Second Class stamp ,  saved money and possibly achieved an earlier delivery. I could have walked it quicker and delivered the card myself !

B) I will never use First Class again !  Lets ban First Class stamps ......yet another Royal Mail RIP OFF !

On 29/07/2023 at 15:44, YorkieontheTyne said:

if anyone has any non bar coded stamps, they have to be used up by the end of this month. That means by Monday.

Yes. This is important- use of unbarcoded definitive stamps (= not special issues/Xmas 'commemoratives') after 31 July means that the envelope will be treated as unstamped- triggering a £1.10 penalty for the unlucky recipient to pay.

On 29/07/2023 at 15:44, YorkieontheTyne said:

I personally haven’t used first class stamps for years. Incidentally if anyone has any non bar coded stamps, they have to be used up by the end of this month. That means by Monday.

You can also send them off, all info here!

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/barcoded-stamps

Edited by Ghozer