'It's Acceptable To Park On Cycle Lanes, Curbs And Pavements'- Parking Services

1 hour ago, 26b-6 said:

See and hear it for yourself ....

The CEO explains it. They need to park close to where they are working and it is acceptable for them to park on a restriction if there’s nowhere else they can park.

That is standard operating procedure for parking enforcement here and elsewhere. They are allowed to do it.

21 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It is NEVER acceptable to park on the pavement. End of story.

That’s what you may think, but the legal position is rather different.

• Like 1

Giving out tickets for parking contraventions whilst contravening parking restrictions?

Typical council womble. 

8 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

The CEO explains it. They need to park close to where they are working

Looking at the state of that enforcement officer I'm not surprised in the least. 

Do as I say, not as I do!

SCC just showing us all how they do things. If she could be arsed to walk a bit more, she wouldn't have had to park like that, or there.

She'd make a great fast food delivery person!

6 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Haven’t you got more to do? :huh:

I think it's the principle of it that's not right. But the CEO say it's OK...for them to do it.

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Giving out tickets for parking contraventions whilst contravening parking restrictions?

Do you seriously think that they should only be able to hand out tickets if they can find a “legal” place to park somewhere nearby?

There are places that get heavily parked and if the CEO’s had to find a “legal”  parking space and walk back, the drivers who are in contravention of the restrictions would probably be long gone.

If they had to comply with the restrictions at all times, on many occasions, enforcement would be impractical.

They are told to use the proper parking spaces whenever they can.

There’s also the safety aspect. CEO’s can be subject to harassment, abuse and violence. They have to consider their own safety and be able to leave the area rapidly if necessary.

None of it is about do as I say, not as I do. It’s about the practicalities of enforcing.

2 hours ago, zach said:

I think it's the principle of it that's not right. But the CEO say it's OK...for them to do it.

You need to actually think about the practicalities of enforcement that I’ve outlined in the last post. It is OK for them to do it and they do it for very good reasons.

• Thanks 1