The Transgender Canadian Footballer Who Has Made History At The World Cup

Canadian midfielder Quinn made history last week as they became the first out trans and non-binary footballer to play at a World Cup.

Quinn started Canada's match against Nigeria on Friday, with the game ending in a goalless draw.

The 27-year-old played the full 90 minutes, but was unable to help the team find a breakthrough as their campaign got off to a frustrating start. Quinn then started once again in Canada's 2-1 win over Republic of Ireland. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12331067/Quinn-trans-non-binary-World-Cup-Canada-Nigeria.html

I wonder what the score would have been if they had a few transgender 'women' on their team🤔

Your thoughts?

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Canadian midfielder Quinn made history last week as they became the first out trans and non-binary footballer to play at a World Cup.

Quinn started Canada's match against Nigeria on Friday, with the game ending in a goalless draw.

The 27-year-old played the full 90 minutes, but was unable to help the team find a breakthrough as their campaign got off to a frustrating start. Quinn then started once again in Canada's 2-1 win over Republic of Ireland. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12331067/Quinn-trans-non-binary-World-Cup-Canada-Nigeria.html

I wonder what the score would have been if they had a few transgender 'women' on their team🤔

Your thoughts?

Shouldn’t be allowed.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

There must be more transgendered people in the world than I thought there would be

I remember back in the 80s there seemed to be more bodybuilders than I thought there would be.

Turns out shoulder pads had become the current thing. 

5 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Your thoughts?

My niece played junior competitive soccer on the same team with Rebecca Quinn and Rebecca's twin sister, in Canada.

She stood out in the game, with her talent, long blonde hair flowing as she took off with the ball.

She opted for a Duke soccer scholarship, while my niece went to Colgate to play hockey.

So it was interesting to see her transition to a one named "Quinn" LGBT activist with a crew cut.

Go Canada!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Shouldn’t be allowed.

Quinn was born female and apparently does not take, or plan to take, testosterone nor medically transition through any other method while playing professionally, meaning that inclusion in the women's team doesn't confer any unfair advantage.  That's the only thing that matters here in the context of fairness in transgender inclusion in women's sport.

Good luck to them.  But not too much, if they're playing against England.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Your thoughts?

Come all without,

Come all within,

You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

• Haha 2