Parsons Cross Park - Travellers Set Up Camp

2 hours ago, redruby said:

After setting up camp at Crookes recently , travellers have also set up camp at Parsons Cross Park.  
I know there have been issues with fly tipping at some camps  but do more official sites need to be opened up?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/travellers-set-up-large-camp-in-popular-sheffield-park-4232238

Well they all seem to have cash to buy brand new 4x4s so maybe they should buy their own land instead of setting up on private property

Also there is a good reason they only stay for a short while then move on.

6 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Well they all seem to have cash to buy brand new 4x4s so maybe they should buy their own land instead of setting up on private property

Buy... 🤣

Call me cynical, but I highly doubt many of them are actually bought from dealerships

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Padders said:

I've heard it's just temporary,

Their en-route to Birdwell Pk where they are building a huge permanent camp for them...

I’ve also found out now there are plans for another site at Beighton.  Although there have been a lot of objections from local residents. 

There are also rumours of gypseys returning to Parsons Cross for 6 months.

22 minutes ago, redruby said:

I’ve also found out now there are plans for another site at Beighton.  Although there have been a lot of objections from local residents. 

There are also rumours of gypseys returning to Parsons Cross for 6 months.

The plans for Beighton have been passed 

On 31/07/2023 at 14:52, redruby said:

I’ve heard rumours of a permanent site at Parsons Cross too now

Where would they put it?

There aren't many options for brownfield sites in the area, to attempt to put one on a Greenfield site would almost certainly end with a legal challenge.

The old Parson Cross pub is just a hand car wash place now isn't it?  That could be a candidate perhaps.

2 hours ago, geared said:

Where would they put it?

There aren't many options for brownfield sites in the area, to attempt to put one on a Greenfield site would almost certainly end with a legal challenge.

The old Parson Cross pub is just a hand car wash place now isn't it?  That could be a candidate perhaps.

I don’t know what the exact plans are but I e heard this is one of the reasons they were camped up in the park 

2 hours ago, geared said:

Where would they put it?

I heard it was going to be a mosque. 

• Haha 1