Swfc Financial Accounts

PapaLazarou

Anyone read these yet?

The interesting section is the auditors view on the club being a going concern.

Seems that the clubs liabilities at the time of financial reporting  outweighed its assets by over £65 million pounds. Which, the auditors say “cast significant doubt on the company’s ability to continue as a going concern”

Welcome to Football 2023.

Edited by PapaLazarou

13 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Anyone read these yet?

The interesting section is the auditors view on the club being a going concern.

Seems that the clubs liabilities at the time of financial reporting  outweighed its assets by over £65 million pounds. Which, the auditors say “cast significant doubt on the company’s ability to continue as a going concern”

Welcome to Football 2023.

I think that we owe most of that to Mrs Chansiri.

Which is probably ok as long as nobody chucks those golden elephants into the Don.

1 hour ago, Janet24 said:

The view of the posters on Owlstalk seems widely positive - strange how perceptions vary !

Perception? I don’t think I have utilised or inferred any perception. I have merely quoted facts.

The statement is fact.

The £65m imbalance between liabilities & assets is fact.

And the  £7m loss is fact.

No perception used. Just facts.

Edited by PapaLazarou

1 hour ago, Janet24 said:

The view of the posters on Owlstalk seems widely positive - strange how perceptions vary !

Soooo…… I must caution you there. Only last Friday on a different thread Wednesdays financial expert on here , dr tops wrote “ Owlstalk in no way represents the majority of SWFC fans, it's run by a woke leftie clown “!. I regret therefore that your comments count for nothing …. Zero in fact! 

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I leave accounts well alone, can't make heads nor tails out of them most of the time but at least Chansiri was right when he said they'd be in on time no no penalties to add to the other liabilities 🙂

If this is regarding the accounts being submitted to Companies House the initial fine for them being submitted late is a whole £200, although it does go up the later it's left. 

29 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Soooo…… I must caution you there. Only last Friday on a different thread Wednesdays financial expert on here , dr tops wrote “ Owlstalk in no way represents the majority of SWFC fans, it's run by a woke leftie clown “!. I regret therefore that your comments count for nothing …. Zero in fact! 

Maybe you’d like to read the accounts yourself and give us your considered opinion of them. You could even try to do it in proper sentences, if you like.

After all, you were massively interested in them a few days ago. 

Off you pop.

1 hour ago, PapaLazarou said:

Perception? I don’t think I have utilised or inferred any perception. I have merely quoted facts.

The statement is fact.

The £65m imbalance between liabilities & assets is fact.

And the  £7m loss is fact.

No perception used. Just facts.

The £7m loss isn’t hugely surprising and it’s much less than many clubs.

Most of the £65m imbalance is owed to Sheffield 3, I believe. So as long as Chansiri doesn’t pull the plug, it really isn’t a concern.

Generally, I’d say that the accounts could be better, but they could be worse. Indeed they have been much worse, very recently. 

Edited by Prettytom

27 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Maybe you’d like to read the accounts yourself and give us your considered opinion of them. You could even try to do it in proper sentences, if you like.

After all, you were massively interested in them a few days ago. 

Off you pop.

The £7m loss isn’t hugely surprising and it’s much less than many clubs.

Most of the £65m imbalance is owed to Sheffield 3, I believe. So as long as Chansiri doesn’t pull the plug, it really isn’t a concern.

Generally, I’d say that the accounts could be better, but they could be worse. Indeed they have been much worse, very recently. 

Very true. 25 million loses at one point wasn't it? Not sure if these accounts are from league 1 or that's for the next lot of accounts. I expected the loses to be over 10 million and like you say not many championship clubs are making a profit, even United without player sales would of been making a loss I bet.

Edited by NERVY-OWL