Are Women Being Encouraged To Be Fat?

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

No! of course not.

I'm only joking, love your contributions Daddy.

Off to bed now, if I can point my legs in the right direction.

Been celebrating my wife's birthday.

Here we go........

I'll raise a glass to her.

Sending you my love matey 🙏

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

You must have seen the TV adverts, posters, magazine covers etc etc? 

It can't have escaped your notice that there are many many shall we say 'larger ladies' in these ads than say a decade ago. Now, don't get me wrong I'm not saying fat people shouldn't do TV and adverts and stuff however it seems to me that these larger people are being celebrated as healthy, positive,  happy and so on. 

As we know obesity is a killer so is it responsible for these companies (too many to list but you can Google them or if youre feeling brave watch a few hours of tv) to celebrate and almost encourage this obesity? I've singled out women not because I have an axe to grind but because it seems exclusive to them although fat men do occasionally appear in TV/magazine ads etc they are usually shown in a negative light. A topic for another day maybe? 

Your thoughts?

If you're smart then you know what to say

They should teach it in schools to boys

"Does my bum look big in this"?

Every males answer is NO

If  you hesitate you're f*cked

If @cressidaasked me if her bum looked big.....no way

It's awesome 

Edited by Jack Grey

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/women-reclaim-the-word-fat-in-empowering-me-body-positive-photo-series-10438546.html

Apparently it's empowering.

Don't ever say to a woman that she reminds you of someone who is fat though, they won't like it.

It not that empowering.

Edited by Al Bundy

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

The Taliban have closed hair/beauty  parlours and trashed pianos, guitars etc; how far should the Government go in controlling peoples lives?

When it comes to women or men being healthy, the Government dont help. They should do more.

The sugar tax worked. Some countries tax food, should we tax all processed food? Tax all processed food that contains sugar etc. ban advertisements if it encourages a unhealthy diet.

Edited by El Cid
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Padders said:

No! of course not.

I'm only joking, love your contributions Daddy.

Off to bed now, if I can point my legs in the right direction.

Been celebrating my wife's birthday.

Here we go........

Thanks Padders,  I've lost loved ones and never thought of celebrating their birthdays afterwards,  amazing you posted that when 'in your cups'.

7 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

If you're smart then you know what to say

They should teach it in schools to boys

"Does my bum look big in this"?

Every males answer is NO

If  you hesitate you're f*cked

If @cressidaasked me if her bum looked big.....no way

It's awesome 

Jack,  like many on here,  'when you're nice (fun) you're very very nice,  when you're bad (OTT) you're horrid.   :wave:

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

It can't have escaped your notice that there are many many shall we say 'larger ladies' in these ads than say a decade ago. Now, don't get me wrong I'm not saying fat people shouldn't do TV and adverts and stuff however it seems to me that these larger people are being celebrated as healthy, positive,  happy and so on. 

As we know obesity is a killer so is it responsible for these companies (too many to list but you can Google them or if youre feeling brave watch a few hours of tv) to celebrate and almost encourage this obesity? I've singled out women not because I have an axe to grind but because it seems exclusive to them although fat men do occasionally appear in TV/magazine ads etc they are usually shown in a negative light. A topic for another day maybe? 

Your thoughts?

It seems to me fatter women are shown on TV to combat 'fattists' (people who shame women because of their size)  it's the same with the programme 'This Morning' , the models now can be any size and any age,  so isn't an issue, with men though,  I don't think that women are as critical about men's appearance compared to men's views on women.

36 minutes ago, cressida said:

I don't think that women are as critical about men's appearance compared to men's views on women.

Women criticise men to other women, but not directly to men. Women also value other things about men, like their wealth or power.

Thin is healthy, were as fat is not; which is why type two diabetes is on the rise, massively.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Women criticise men to other women, but not directly to men. Women also value other things about men, like their wealth or power.

Thin is healthy, were as fat is not; which is why type two diabetes is on the rise, massively.

Fair enough,  I'm in the 'Moderation camp'.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Thanks Padders,  I've lost loved ones and never thought of celebrating their birthdays afterwards,  amazing you posted that when 'in your cups'.

Jack,  like many on here,  'when you're nice (fun) you're very very nice,  when you're bad (OTT) you're horrid.   :wave:

I always buy her a card every year Cressy.

My birthday 26th July, wedding anniversary 30th, Jans birthday 31st.

Then the big one 17 August ☹️.

I shed many a tear at this time of the year.

• Like 1