Cheap Skip Hire

Anybody know where I can hire a 5 ton skip (medium size) 

I've been quoted £296 which seems an awful lot to me. (Last time I hired one, a couple of years ago, it was about £80)

I'll be needing it beginning of September, any recommendations welcome.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Anybody know where I can hire a 5 ton skip (medium size) 

I've been quoted £296 which seems an awful lot to me. (Last time I hired one, a couple of years ago, it was about £80)

I'll be needing it beginning of September, any recommendations welcome.

Thanks.

I wonder what's happened in the last 2 years that has resulted in things costing more? A puzzler that one. 

Thankyou very much Daddy and Padders, I'll look into those tomorrow.

I don't now why the prices have gone up so much HHR, I know materials have rocketed in price, but why skips have too, I've no idea, unless they're passing on things like rising business rates and rents to the customer. 

Cost of Living eh...

It's sickening isn't it?

Edited by Anna B

29 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Thankyou very much Daddy and Padders, I'll look into those tomorrow.

I don't now why the prices have gone up so much HHR, I know materials have rocketed in price, but why skips have too, I've no idea, unless they're passing on things like rising business rates and rents to the customer. 

Cost of Living eh...

It's sickening isn't it?

The cost of companies using landfill has rocketed which is why the cost of hiring skips has increased so much.  Also the use of red diesel has been limited which increases the cost of plant used on landfill sites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Axe said:

The cost of companies using landfill has rocketed which is why the cost of hiring skips has increased so much.  Also the use of red diesel has been limited which increases the cost of plant used on landfill sites.

If they have to drive into/through the CAZ zone with the skip truck (maybe 2 trips) then expect the cost to be passed on to the customer. They 'might ' pass the cost on wether they use the CAZ  zone or not!

2 hours ago, Axe said:

In other words, more landfill tax rises just like those on alcohol.

We were already more heavily taxed than any time in the last 80 years and they are still putting them up further.

That's the conservative government who know how to look after finances.

Ah yes,  there's the CAZ tax too.   They don't like calling them taxes these days but that's what they are.

Prepare for many more before the Tories leave power because they have a lot of mistakes to put right and pay for in the hopes they will get elected again.

11 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

We were already more heavily taxed than any time in the last 80 years and they are still putting them up further.

Ah yes,  there's the CAZ tax too.   They don't like calling them taxes these days but that's what they are.

Prepare for many more before the Tories leave power because they have a lot of mistakes to put right and pay for in the hopes they will get elected again.

What on earth are you on about?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Another poor contribution.  Something needed to be done sooner or later regarding the amount of waste sent to landfill in order to protect the environment for future generations.  Also we all benefit from less groundwater pollution today as well as wildlife benefiting.  I would have expected a Labour government to also take measures to reduce landfill if they had been in power for the last thirteen years.