Why Would A Government Deliberately Choose The Second Best Education System?

17 minutes ago, fools said:

bit of clickbait to agitate the lefties?

here's some more "research" from your paper of choice.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/sep/25/schools-in-england-warn-of-crisis-of-heartbreaking-rise-in-hungry-children

Sounds as though the forum's fools is a bit hurt by this report which again shows how useless the righties are.

5 hours ago, Delbow said:

Council-run schools still significantly out-performing academies and yet the government still wants schools to be academies and not council-run.

If a government wanted the best for the country it is governing, why would they choose the less effective option for giving its future adults the skills and knowledge they need?

Any suggestions?

But did they?

Read the last paragraph of the Guardian article, and the answer to your question will be revealed. :)

Just more Teachers Union propanaga, refuted by a Department for Education spokesperson!

Edited by trastrick

53 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Academies being private businesses have to pay for these services out of its own pocket and they are expensive, so it 's not surprising they may well do without them or cut corners.

An Academy is not a bussiness, they are not run for sharholders. I am not defending them, I believe they have too much freedom.
Private schools are not academies – academies are free and state-funded, private schools are not.

What is the difference between an academy and a school?
This isn't always obvious from a school's title. An academy is a school that receives its funding directly from central government rather than through a local authority. Academy schools don't need to teach the national curriculum but they must ensure that their curriculum is broad and balanced.

4 minutes ago, trastrick said:

But did they?

Read the last paragraph of the Guardian article, and the answer to your question will be revealed. :)

Just more Teachers Union propanaga, refuted by a Department for Education spokesperson!

This is from FullFact -

• Comparing the most recent Ofsted grade of each type of school, converter academies are the most likely to be good and outstanding while sponsored academies are more likely than maintained schools to be graded requires improvement or inadequate. But this is to be expected as converters were high performing, and sponsored low performing, to begin with.

• Evidence on the performance of academies compared to local authority schools is mixed, but on the whole suggests there is no substantial difference in performance.

I believe FullFact has a slight right wing bias.

49 minutes ago, El Cid said:
An Academy is not a bussiness, they are not run for sharholders. I am not defending them, I believe they have too much freedom.
Private schools are not academies – academies are free and state-funded, private schools are not.

What is the difference between an academy and a school?
This isn't always obvious from a school's title. An academy is a school that receives its funding directly from central government rather than through a local authority. Academy schools don't need to teach the national curriculum but they must ensure that their curriculum is broad and balanced..

Worth mentioning that although academies in themselves are not for profit - many private sector organisations do very well out of academies.

For example:

Are England’s academies becoming a cash cow for business? | Academies | The Guardian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I believe FullFact has a slight right wing bias.

"Full Fact has written to Conservative MP and Party Chair Nadhim Zahawi today to highlight the full extent of misinformation spread by Mr Bridgen, and to ask whether the Conservative Party intends to endorse an MP who behaves like this at the next election"

Edited by fools