Why Would A Government Deliberately Choose The Second Best Education System?

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

But did they?

Read the last paragraph of the Guardian article, and the answer to your question will be revealed. :)

Just more Teachers Union propanaga, refuted by a Department for Education spokesperson!

A timely intervention from the man who thought Greta Thunberg meant the world would end in five years if we didn't stop burning fossil fuels.

3 hours ago, fools said:

"Full Fact has written to Conservative MP and Party Chair Nadhim Zahawi today to highlight the full extent of misinformation spread by Mr Bridgen, and to ask whether the Conservative Party intends to endorse an MP who behaves like this at the next election"

I don't think Nadhim Zahawi is any better, at least when it comes to his taxes.

12 hours ago, Delbow said:

A timely intervention from the man who thought Greta Thunberg meant the world would end in five years if we didn't stop burning fossil fuels.

Not really :)

Just somebody who thinks her family should be sued for child abuse. (the mentally challenged young person was just arrested again)

"Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism.[25][19] In one of her first speeches demanding climate action, Thunberg described her selective mutism as meaning she "only speaks when necessary".[25]

Thunberg struggled with depression for almost four years before she began her school strike campaign.[27] WIKI

She needs help, but as long as the $millions keep flowing into the Greta Foundation, nobody cares.

Grifters!

Likewise the family of that other Left Wing Icon, Joe Biden, should be sued for elderly abuse.

"Doctor" Jill won't even help him up and down stairs. And Hunter just uses him for his drugs and prostitute money!

I hear that the stripper mother of the abandoned Biden granddaughter settled her child support case,  so there's hope.

"It’s not lost on anybody that (Doctor) Jill Biden wrote a children’s book and [dedicated it] to her grandchildren,” the lawyer went on. “She could have kept it at that, but she named every child except Navy. 

“They hung stockings for the dog at Christmas but not for Navy. That is one of the saddest things.” -NYP

Grifters!

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Not really :)

Just somebody who thinks her family should be sued for child abuse. (the mentally challenged young person was just arrested again)

"Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism.[25][19] In one of her first speeches demanding climate action, Thunberg described her selective mutism as meaning she "only speaks when necessary".[25]

Thunberg struggled with depression for almost four years before she began her school strike campaign.[27] WIKI

She needs help, but as long as the $millions keep flowing into the Greta Foundation, nobody cares.

Grifters!

Likewise the family of that other Left Wing Icon, Joe Biden, should be sued for elderly abuse.

"Doctor" Jill won't even help him up and down stairs. And Hunter just uses him for his drugs and prostitute money!

I hear that the stripper mother of the abandoned Biden granddaughter settled her child support case,  so there's hope.

"It’s not lost on anybody that (Doctor) Jill Biden wrote a children’s book and [dedicated it] to her grandchildren,” the lawyer went on. “She could have kept it at that, but she named every child except Navy. 

“They hung stockings for the dog at Christmas but not for Navy. That is one of the saddest things.” -NYP

Grifters!

My Bold:      That's a silly path to go down.

That would leave a family who lived in Heeley,  in the 1940's,   having to explain how you  turned out to be such a mentally challenged weirdo too.

8 hours ago, spilldig said:

I think the government don't really want people educated. Gives them more reign to do what they want.

Post of the day!

They want to keep folks in those ghettos of ignorance, dependent for a lifetime on government handouts, and voting for ever more of the same.

Their problem is they are running out of money, to fulfil their "promises", as we speak!

The spiraling unsustainable National Debts are already consuming them :)

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Post of the day!

They want to keep folks in those ghettos of ignorance, dependent for a lifetime on government handouts, and voting for ever more of the same.

Their problem is they are running out of money, to fulfil their "promises", as we speak!

The spiraling unsustainable National Debts are already consuming them :)

Leaving aside your opinion that the debts the government have incurred will 'consume them' (and us by inference) is something to smile about; the government doesn't want to keep people in 'ghettos of ignorance' - 'dependent for a lifetime on handouts'. That's just a stupid thing to say.

I'm no fan of this government, but the idea that this government could organise a conspiracy to ensure that people are sufficiently hoodwinked to comply with their own servitude is just laughable. They have difficulty enough in thinking through the immediate impact of policies they do implement, never mind engage in some nefarious scheme. 

And if the government did want to keep people in ghettos of ignorance, where's your evidence of this, and what makes you think your'e so special to believe you know something that others don't?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

Leaving aside your opinion that the debts the government have incurred will 'consume them' (and us by inference) is something to smile about; the government doesn't want to keep people in 'ghettos of ignorance' - 'dependent for a lifetime on handouts'. That's just a stupid thing to say.

I'm no fan of this government, but the idea that this government could organise a conspiracy to ensure that people are sufficiently hoodwinked to comply with their own servitude is just laughable. They have difficulty enough in thinking through the immediate impact of policies they do implement, never mind engage in some nefarious scheme. 

And if the government did want to keep people in ghettos of ignorance, where's your evidence of this, and what makes you think your'e so special to believe you know something that others don't?

" Nefarious"  good word  :thumbsup: .   Reminds me of Despicable Me . 

13 hours ago, Mister M said:

Ah, the 'conspiracy theories'  :)

Not needed to explain incompetent governments, those who take advantage of them., and the great social divisions which are with us after some 1,000 years of so-called civilization, and their continued hobbling from crisis to crisis.

For examples, Look up "U.K. Crisis" Pick one!  :)

Not to mention the education system which is more concerned with social engineering, than producing competent leaders.

As for being "special", not at all. I'm just a poster on an insignificant blog, in an insignificant backwater of the U.K. who just happens to be born and raised in Sheffield.

I may be "unusual", in that I'm a minority of one on this board, who's views are roundly rejected, but that's about it!  :)

On 03/08/2023 at 10:07, Delbow said:

Council-run schools still significantly out-performing academies and yet the government still wants schools to be academies and not council-run.

If a government wanted the best for the country it is governing, why would they choose the less effective option for giving its future adults the skills and knowledge they need?

Any suggestions?

I think poster #2 mentioned ideology..  Similar to NHS & social care, these systems are equally fragmented.

I assume that there is a contract between the provider (Education Trust) and the DfE. 

Also, I suspect it's about centralised control. I don't know if the DofE specifies the curiculum which is used by these providers.  I know Miriam Cates has raised a number of issues about how sex education is taught in schools. 

However, after listening to some of the 'Trojan Horse' podcast which was about the 'islamification' of schools in Birmingham, I don't know how effective the contract management of education providers is.