Why Would A Government Deliberately Choose The Second Best Education System?

On 04/08/2023 at 16:31, Mister M said:

Leaving aside your opinion that the debts the government have incurred will 'consume them' (and us by inference) is something to smile about; the government doesn't want to keep people in 'ghettos of ignorance' - 'dependent for a lifetime on handouts'. That's just a stupid thing to say.

I'm no fan of this government, but the idea that this government could organise a conspiracy to ensure that people are sufficiently hoodwinked to comply with their own servitude is just laughable. They have difficulty enough in thinking through the immediate impact of policies they do implement, never mind engage in some nefarious scheme. 

And if the government did want to keep people in ghettos of ignorance, where's your evidence of this, and what makes you think your'e so special to believe you know something that others don't?

You are one example.  For instance,  as I have said on here before,  i have more respect for a slug in my back garden than I have for Boris Johnson but you used to depict him as a clown.  Who is the clown,  someone who can only debate by using insults or someone who can command thousands of pounds for each speech?