World Must Be Ready To Respond To Next Pandemic

8 hours ago, Prettytom said:

A couple of years ago. 

You should see a doctor, if you can’t remember it.

Well, let’s think.

Maybe they know that a threatening pandemic will probably be airborne. So, having stocks of masks and ventilators would be a good idea.

They also know the types of virus that cause greatest concern. So bio surveillance and vaccine development are key.

Its certainly not an easy thing, to cover all bases, but you’d expect that our brightest minds might be able to give us a head start.

They didn't fare too well with the last one.

47 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They didn't fare too well with the last one.

Which is why they need to do much, much better with the next one.

Those who are convinced that they could handle things much better should offer their expertise  to the WHO right away.

Although I'm sure the said persons will continue to just moan on this forum.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Which is why they need to do much, much better with the next one.

Those who are convinced that they could handle things much better should offer their expertise  to the WHO right away.

Although I'm sure the said persons will continue to just moan on this forum.

Why would they do it any different some made billions out of it?

The organisation you mention is one of the most corrupt in existence.

Edited by top4718

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

The organisation you mention is one of the most corrupt in existence.

Show the proof  ( not something you lot are renowned for ) and put a stop to it then.

If they are the ones in charge, you should join their corrupt band as soon as possible.

17 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Are you prepared? Yes.

Will you be? Yes

More importantly will you play along or will you ignore it and go about your day?  Go about my day.

Well l will see what happens if and when the time comes. You can't spend your life worrying about what might happen otherwise you would not do anything.  I have been hearing "The end is nigh" right back to before The Bay of Pigs dilemma and we are still here. Thank you giving your opinion by the way.

On 03/08/2023 at 22:36, Padders said:

Excuse me Mr. G.

My clientele are not a "MOB"

Every member of "Padders Bar" is carefully vetted, that's why yourself, Hackey, and Mr. Presley will never gain membership.

Your right about Vetting,  its a trip to the Vets to get Neutered before you enter the Sodom and Gorroha bar.  :hihi:

• Sad 1

On 03/08/2023 at 20:31, The_DADDY said:

WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus was delivering his report to the 76th World Health Assembly, the UN agency’s decision-making body, which is meeting this week. 

Threat still remains 

“The end of COVID-19 as a global health emergency is not the end of COVID-19 as a global health threat,” Tedros told Member States. 

“The threat of another variant emerging that causes new surges of disease and death remains, and the threat of another pathogen emerging with even deadlier potential remains.” 

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/05/1136912

Are you prepared?

Will you be?

More importantly will you play along or will you ignore it and go about your day?

The world should be prepared.

And they should prepare themselves by :

1 -  Getting a sense of proportion

2 - Realising just how much damage some of these draconian policies can actually inflict.

3 - Remembering that we are supposed to live in a free country.

4 - Accepting that **** happens, we cannot all be insulated from it.

Having said that, if a virus emerged with, say, a 10% death rate and it really was indiscriminate, then extreme measures may be justified. Assuming they actually worked of course......

Edited by Chekhov
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spilldig said:

Well l will see what happens if and when the time comes. You can't spend your life worrying about what might happen otherwise you would not do anything.  I have been hearing "The end is nigh" right back to before The Bay of Pigs dilemma and we are still here. Thank you giving your opinion by the way.

You're welcome matey 👍 

• Like 1