Meadowhall Parent & Child Going Permit Only

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Q1djHdgitUbifNdtGmrcTt63CJXoy1anhAF95quMzzP5RWfBEKLDK4Jm1V3vx5ovl&id=100064831173094

Seems meadowhall are fed up of the no-kid morons using the parent and child bays. 

They're making them permit only. 

The way it reads is that the permit will be issued each visit so you prove that you have a child with you. 

Screenshot for those without Facebook 

Screenshot-20230803-204349.png 

Edited by Resident
  • Thanks 1

Be interesting to see if anywhere else that is private parking has these and if someone has won in court if issued with a speculative parking invoice for parking in one without a child. 

Each visit would be a faff, someone in the comments who is clearly in the know says it lasts 6 months. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

16 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Be interesting to see if anywhere else that is private parking has these and if someone has won in court if issued with a speculative parking invoice for parking in one without a child. 

Each visit would be a faff, someone in the comments who is clearly in the know says it lasts 6 months. 

They've updated it now and they're restricting the bays to kids under 5 which is a load of nonsense. Although there's no actual law there is guidance that says P&C bays should be up to & inclusive of 11 years of age. 

4 minutes ago, Resident said:

They've updated it now and they're restricting the bays to kids under 5 which is a load of nonsense. Although there's no actual law there is guidance that says P&C bays should be up to & inclusive of 11 years of age. 

Aye its just going to cause more grief tbh. What happens when you get there, see you need one of these permits, park up to go and get one, and then get back to the car to put it on to find a parking invoice on the car? 

EDIT - I see the website covers this but it's very wishy washy as to if they will revoke the invoice. 

I look forward to the small claims track testing the validity of these permits and the subsequent invoices, especially if it involves a 6-10 year old. What about children with additional needs?

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Aye its just going to cause more grief tbh. What happens when you get there, see you need one of these permits, park up to go and get one, and then get back to the car to put it on to find a parking invoice on the car? 

I look forward to the small claims track testing the validity of these permits and the subsequent invoices, especially if it involves a 6-10 year old. 

I have a 6yr old. I may try it. 

Genuine question: why would you need to use these bays if your kids are all over 5? Assuming they don’t have special needs. I thought the point of these was have room for prams and getting very small children in and out of car seats.  It may make life a little easier with older kids but is it really essential like it is for under 5’s? I think I would been embarrassed as an 10 year old about this 🤣 Again, it’s a genuine question, I’m not criticising.

As for 🔔🔚s that park in those bays without any kids, it just about defies belief.  How lazy and ignorant is it possible to be?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, redruby said:

Genuine question: why would you need to use these bays if your kids are all over 5? Assuming they don’t have special needs. I thought the point of these was have room for prams and getting very small children in and out of car seats.  It may make life a little easier with older kids but is it really essential like it is for under 5’s? I think I would been embarrassed as an 10 year old about this 🤣 Again, it’s a genuine question, I’m not criticising.

As for 🔔🔚

I don't disagree but as already said, the industry has guidance that says they consider a child to be up to the age of 11 so assuming the operator of Meadowhall car park is a member of the BPA it will be interesting to see this tested in front of a judge when inevitably the parent of a 6 year old child ends up with an invoice. 

Also note there is cack all mentioned about children with additional needs - they won't all have a blue badge in order to use the disabled spots

https://www.meadowhall.co.uk/news/parent-child-parking-permit?fbclid=IwAR31sAKASFwrKGxu2dtHKXMV7ia0Ha-4o4TBPsgcsHDf6NYgf9RhWAm3mgE

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I don't disagree but as already said, the industry has guidance that says they consider a child to be up to the age of 11 so assuming the operator of Meadowhall car park is a member of the BPA it will be interesting to see this tested in front of a judge when inevitably the parent of a 6 year old child ends up with an invoice. 

Do the check the age of the children   ?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Do the check the age of the children   ?

They seemingly do to issue the permit surely, I added the link in whilst you were typing. 

Otherwise it's solely based on goodwill and the staff there guessing ages. 

Edited by HeHasRisen