Meadowhall Parent & Child Going Permit Only

On 05/08/2023 at 08:50, spilldig said:

One thing I have noticed with a lot of car parks is the vast amount of empty disabled and parent and child spaces that are unused sometimes even when no spaces are available anywhere else.

Rarely see parent and child spaces empty. certainly not in Meadowhall. Hence why they have had to start this initiative as so many people abuse the system.

Disabled spaces on other hand... whole rows of empty spaces outside Argos entrance on a regular basis. Presume you need to have x% of total spaces allocated to disabled parking and as opposed to realistic demand. 

On 03/08/2023 at 20:59, Resident said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Q1djHdgitUbifNdtGmrcTt63CJXoy1anhAF95quMzzP5RWfBEKLDK4Jm1V3vx5ovl&id=100064831173094

Seems meadowhall are fed up of the no-kid morons using the parent and child bays. 

They're making them permit only. 

The way it reads is that the permit will be issued each visit so you prove that you have a child with you

Screenshot for those without Facebook 

Screenshot-20230803-204349.png 

No. Once received it will be valid for 6 months.

58 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Rarely see parent and child spaces empty. certainly not in Meadowhall. Hence why they have had to start this initiative as so many people abuse the system.

Disabled spaces on other hand... whole rows of empty spaces outside Argos entrance on a regular basis. Presume you need to have x% of total spaces allocated to disabled parking and as opposed to realistic demand. 

Unfortunately in my experience a number of BBH abuse the privilege and often park in the C&P bays. 

59 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

No. Once received it will be valid for 6 months.

That has been updated since I read the original article. 

One thing that does concern me is that Meadowhall are a member of the BPA but have chosen to go against the guidance that C&P bays should include children up to 12yrs & set the limit at a much lower age of 5. 

2 hours ago, Resident said:

Unfortunately in my experience a number of BBH abuse the privilege and often park in the C&P bays. 

That has been updated since I read the original article. 

One thing that does concern me is that Meadowhall are a member of the BPA but have chosen to go against the guidance that C&P bays should include children up to 12yrs & set the limit at a much lower age of 5. 

can't comment on BPA guidelines (never come across them) but i do know for as long as i can recall Meadowhall C&P bays signs have clearly stated the lower age. So not something they've brought in just for this initiative, 

26 minutes ago, rogets said:

If you own a Hybrid or an Electric, will you still need a permit to park in these areas?

I can understand them clamping down on people who drive diesels.

Ruddy obviously - they are not marked as 'Hybrid/Electric' bays, but 'Parent & Child'.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Thanks 1