Meadowhall Funfair - Why Closed On A Summer Saturday?

13 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I am here to stay. Your vile comment about Ben Needham's mother probably means your days are numbered. 

There is someone on here who has made posts in the past week or so saying that all asylum seekers are rapists, and that the victims of Leah Letby are, and I quote, getting rich off their dead babies. 

And he is still here. 

So doubt Colin is vanishing anytime soon. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Every single one of your messages to me has been a negative rant about me, if anyone is a troll, it's you!

That would only work if every single message I put on this forum to all users on all threads was deliberately for the purpose of antagonisation or completely nonsensical or trying to derail the subject.

No love, what I am doing with you is calling you out and I'm certainly not the only one. But hey you can ignore me if you want. 

Now - as you are more than aware since you claim you have a tried to go twice - what Meadowhall had was not just 'a funfair'.  It was a wider summer attraction including water splash area, street food vendors, bar and various entertainers, none of whom are going to paying their daily rental and/or staffing costs to be sat around all day waiting for the kids to get out of school for a couple hours trade, since most parents would be gone by early evening to get their kids ready for school the next day.

That's before we get onto the glaringly obvious things regarding licencing and permits, all of which would have to be formally extended at great legal expense and can't just be simply swapped around on some whim. This is a major operation, not some bloke with an ice cream van.

I am well aware that schools go back at different times but we are into September now. Even if there are some (which will be absolute minority number) that haven't yet gone back - they will be within days. 

As I have pointed out earlier, the attraction itself had a fixed run time which has now expired.  Meadowhall now needs to get on with  dismantling it all to get their car park back -  something which again will have taken weeks of preparations, planning, technical specifications, method statements and timetables which all have to be a adhered to as failure will incur operational disruption and major expense

None of this is hardly some great unknown, even for people who don't work in such sectors. It's just basics of how business works in real life. 

IF you seriously protest you're not a troll - it's disturbing you have no basic concept of such things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

That's before we get onto the glaringly obvious things regarding licencing and permits, all of which would have to be formally extended at great legal expense and can't just be simply swapped around on some whim. This is a major operation, not some bloke with an ice cream van.

It's on private property, no need for a street vending style licence.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's on private property, no need for a street vending style licence.

Do you not think there are permits for change of use. What about for sales of alcohol, what about the nature of the attractions that have to a meet, various safety regulations and licencing.  What about rules for permitted times for noise control, environment and waste impact, for light pollution....

Private property has sold all to do with anything. You'll be amazed what sorts of permits and licences businesses have to adhere to. Some places can't put up so much as a sign without permission.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

If you have such a problem with Irene then the answer is simply.

Ignore her. You do your thing,  she does hers.

Easy

Nice one Daddy,

The forum needs more posters like Irene.

Love her or hate her, she knows how to start an (dare I say it) interesting thread.

As you say, you can always ignore her..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

Nice one Daddy,

The forum needs more posters like Irene.

Love her or hate her, she knows how to start an (dare I say it) interesting thread.

As you say, you can always ignore her..

She certainly does matey. Irene comes in for a load stick, some of it is gets a giggle from me as it's clearly  banter but there's a number of posters who really go at her. Always the same names, always comes across as nasty. Theres  a few who try the same crap with me so i know it when i see it.There's just no need. Having said that Irene does a sterling job of putting most of them straight back in their box's. 

Which reminds me..

How are your splinters @hackey lad ?

Don't forget this..⬇️ I've heard it's very good.

Screenshot-20230907-000932.jpg

• Haha 1