Meadowhall Funfair - Why Closed On A Summer Saturday?

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

No, I don't, hence the title of this thread.

Did you look at the sky yesterday? Or maybe wear a coat? Bit windy? Get wet?  And then wonder why a temporary outdoor attraction may be shut? 

This isn't rocket science dear, thought you had diplomas? 

Edited by HeHasRisen

13 hours ago, Padders said:

Not exactly an August summer Saturday Irene.

Heavy rain and gales were forecast for today, perhaps they decided to play on the safe side and not open.

I'd have thought they would be prepared, given the crap forecast for the whole summer. Outdoor attractions should be weather proof, anti-slip flooring etc. You can never rely on clear blue skies in England.

• Like 1

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

I'd have thought they would be prepared, given the crap forecast for the whole summer. Outdoor attractions should be weather proof, anti-slip flooring etc. You can never rely on clear blue skies in England.

Disgusting. You should write to them and ask for a refund.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Did you look at the sky yesterday? Or maybe wear a coat? Bit windy? Get wet?  And then wonder why a temporary outdoor attraction may be shut? 

This isn't rocket science dear, thought you had diplomas? 

There were some showers but I'd expect an outdoor attraction not to be so vulnerable to the English unpredictable weather.

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ah so you went outside then yesterday, so you will know full well why they closed yesterday. 

Nice try though. 

It rained.

This quite normal for a British Summer. 

Most things usually stay open. And there would be plenty of footfall /customers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It rained.

Most things usually stay open. And there would be plenty of footfall /customers.

You didn't go outside yesterday clearly. It was torrential stuff for a fair period. No fun for anyone and people usually aren't idiotic enough to go out and spend a day in it if it can be helped. 

Oh.... 

Edited by HeHasRisen

18 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It rained.

Your right Anna, 

I blame the weathermen for forecasting an apocalyptic storm to hit Britain over the weekend.

I woke up on Saturday morning , opened my curtains and expected to see Armageddon, bits of the Empire state building shattering my rose beds, and an iceberg in my pond.

All I saw was a bit of heavy rain.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Padders said:

Your right Anna, 

I blame the weathermen for forecasting an apocalyptic storm to hit Britain over the weekend.

I woke up on Saturday morning , opened my curtains and expected to see Armageddon, bits of the Empire state building shattering my rose beds, and an iceberg in my pond.

All I saw was a bit of heavy rain.

You couldn't blame them for not wanting to open based on that. It was still a fairly grim day all around, anyone wanting to go and spend it outdoors at a temporary attraction needs their head examining. 

• Like 3