My opinions of the NHS are known by most on here. That's why we go private or rather used to go private. However with price increases on everything I had to make tough choices and cut costs so I placed my family and I at the mercy of the NHS and as life generally does it throws a curve ball. 

Yesterday my little girl had to be taken to hospital for a pain in her stomach and side that wouldn't go away. She was vomiting a LOT and so off we went. Anyhow she was admitted after a long 5 hour wait, put on a drip, given invasive procedures and then some pain relief. She almost immediately fell asleep which was a relief tbh. 

She's been in hospital all day and she'll be there probably until Monday at the earliest which makes my heart ache. The house isn't the same without her and she looks so unwell it was difficult to remain composed. Having to leave her at 8pm was horrible and not something I wanted to do so I spoke to the nurse and asked (because of her other conditions) would I be able to go back outside visiting hours if she becomes distressed. This can happen if she's in unfamiliar surroundings or high stress situations and tbh I thought I'd be told No.

I'm happy to say I was wrong and they couldn't have been more accommodating which is a huge weight of my mind and hers.

My previous criticisms of the NHS are valid and I stand by them however on this occasion I'm happy to say the horror show I was expecting never materialised and instead we have been dealt with by caring considerate doctors and nurses who seem to genuinely care.

Today I would like to thank the NHS for looking after my baby and being so accommodating. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Get well soon princess 😘

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My opinions of the NHS are known by most on here. That's why we go private or rather used to go private. However with price increases on everything I had to make tough choices and cut costs so I placed my family and I at the mercy of the NHS and as life generally does it throws a curve ball. 

Yesterday my little girl had to be taken to hospital for a pain in her stomach and side that wouldn't go away. She was vomiting a LOT and so off we went. Anyhow she was admitted after a long 5 hour wait, put on a drip, given invasive procedures and then some pain relief. She almost immediately fell asleep which was a relief tbh. 

She's been in hospital all day and she'll be there probably until Monday at the earliest which makes my heart ache. The house isn't the same without her and she looks so unwell it was difficult to remain composed. Having to leave her at 8pm was horrible and not something I wanted to do so I spoke to the nurse and asked (because of her other conditions) would I be able to go back outside visiting hours if she becomes distressed. This can happen if she's in unfamiliar surroundings or high stress situations and tbh I thought I'd be told No.

I'm happy to say I was wrong and they couldn't have been more accommodating which is a huge weight of my mind and hers.

My previous criticisms of the NHS are valid and I stand by them however on this occasion I'm happy to say the horror show I was expecting never materialised and instead we have been dealt with by caring considerate doctors and nurses who seem to genuinely care.

Today I would like to thank the NHS for looking after my baby and being so accommodating. 

Get well soon princess 😘

Hope she is fully recovered soon,  bless her,  xxxx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Get well soon princess 😘

Nice post Daddy,

Hope your little Princess is on the mend.

Best wishes.

• Thanks 1

I appreciate the replies from you all. 

If I'm honest I expected a bit of stick seeing how I'd berated the NHS so much and now I'm in their debt. Mind you, SF being SF I guess there's still time for that 🤣

Just promise you'll be gentle, I'm a touch fragile tonight 😬

Have a good evening all of you. Off to bed for me I think. 👍

• Like 2