Christmas Advertising Starting Earlier & Earlier?

The past few weeks, I have noticed Christmas advertising and merchandice around various pubs and shops in Sheffield & the Peak District. It is early August for goodness sake! It's far too early in my book and feels wrong. 

It seems to be every year that it starts earlier and earlier. Do people really want to start spending for Christmas now? My mind is focussed on summer and the weather improving after this blinking rain. Can't business owners see how tedious and transparent it looks? What do Christians think about having their religious celebration elongated for commerical benefit? It used to be October at the earliest that one started seeing Christmas branding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

The past few weeks, I have noticed Christmas advertising and merchandice around various pubs and shops in Sheffield & the Peak District. It is early August for goodness sake! It's far too early in my book and feels wrong. 

It seems to be every year that it starts earlier and earlier. Do people really want to start spending for Christmas now? My mind is focussed on summer and the weather improving after this blinking rain. Can't business owners see how tedious and transparent it looks? What do Christians think about having their religious celebration elongated for commerical benefit? It used to be October at the earliest that one started seeing Christmas branding.

The "Baubles" are already working on their Christmas routine, these things take a lot of planning.

Costa have started already with the Christmas cups

Should be law that no Christmas stuff can be used before Dec 1st and not after Dec 31st. 

Last year I thought to go on the 30th of October for some last minute halloween bits and pieces (big thing in our house) and Asda had replaced all the displays with Christmas. 

• Like 1