Christmas Advertising Starting Earlier & Earlier?

19 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's all such a big build up to an anti climax come boxing day. Rinse and repeat.

Personally I think that Boxing Day is better than Xmas day

The pressure is off and the football is on

A day of laying around in your pjs watching rubbish TV and football

Then down the pub in the evening 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 2

What's the record for earliest thread moaning about Christmas tat in the shops?  I bet there's one from a previous July lurking somewhere.

Christmas in the shops in August has long been a thing.  I remember being excited about Christmas as a little kid in the late 70s and buying a huge box of Christmas cards in the Bridlington Woolies on the annual last week in August holiday.

Can confirm Cadbury's Christmas chocolates in the local Asda last weekend.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's all such a big build up to an anti climax come boxing day. Rinse and repeat.

I've got visions of the 4 of you sat round playing parlour games, such as 'Pass The Business Diploma' & other favourites 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

I've got visions of the 4 of you sat round playing parlour games, such as 'Pass The Business Diploma' & other favourites 

Hmmm... :huh:

And I think your "jokes" might improve if you consulted a few Christmas crackers, Mr Risen! :hihi:

• Haha 1

I think on the 25th October we should have a full scale rehearsal of Christmas, 

Then on the 25th November another rehearsal for them that missed the first one..

Then we'll all be fully prepared for the big day.  (25th Dec.)

17 minutes ago, Padders said:

I think on the 25th October we should have a full scale rehearsal of Christmas, 

Then on the 25th November another rehearsal for them that missed the first one..

Then we'll all be fully prepared for the big day.  (25th Dec.)

What role do you want in the pantomime, Padders?