Does This Last Fortnight Beat Deane & Fjortoft?

PapaLazarou

27 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

As the thread title said.

Have we just pressed the biggest self-destruct button since the last biggest ever self-destruct button?

I hate football sometimes.

Were they supposed to keep two unhappy players and get nowt for them at the end of the season?

11 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Were they supposed to keep two unhappy players and get nowt for them at the end of the season?

Fair point Jim.

I know there’s always the “out of contract…walk for £0 argument”, and in defence of that stance the club have cashed in to the tune of c£25m rather than risk a £0 return.

But why not try to extend the contracts to keep 2 of your best assets?

That surely was an option. But not one the club either acted on or wanted to pursue.

Things just don’t feel right at the moment.

Both Sheffield clubs seem to be being steered into a potentially dark place lately.

Edited by PapaLazarou

2 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Fair point.

I know there’s always the “out of contract…walk for £0 argument”, and in defence of that stance the club have cashed in to the tune of c£25m rather than risk a £0 return.

But why not try to extend the contract to keep 2 of your best assets?

That surely was an option. But not one the club either acted on or wanted to pursue.

I thought they were both offered new contracts although I stand to be corrected on that. Perhaps Man in Crete with his close club contacts could tell us.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Fair point.

But why not try to extend the contract to keep 2 of your best assets?

For me, there are a few red flags.

Selling your best players is never a good thing. Selling at cut price is even worse.

Your transfer purchases are certainly at the lower end of PL expectations.

And the big one is the sale of the club. It’s obvious that the owner wants to sell, so where are the buyers?

5 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

I thought they were both offered new contracts although I stand to be corrected on that. Perhaps Man in Crete with his close club contacts could tell us.

No idea Jim. 

I guess if they were, and said contracts were turned down, then there’s only one option…and it’s the exit door.

I just feel very deflated.

3 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

For me, there are a few red flags.

Selling your best players is never a good thing. Selling at cut price is even worse.

Your transfer purchases are certainly at the lower end of PL expectations.

And the big one is the sale of the club. It’s obvious that the owner wants to sell, so where are the buyers?

This is the thing I can’t work out.

No buyers.

For a Premier League team that has guaranteed income this year, and parachutes thereafter. But no-one seemingly wants it, whereas elsewhere clubs are being sought after.

It just feels odd.

Oh…and just for clarity and continuity….we ALWAYS sell our best players 🙁

Edited by PapaLazarou

10 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Absolutely spot on mr grumpy

new contracts we’re indeed offered but given neither would sign what should dem blades have done ? Maybe you  or mr sibon could offer a view ….. obviously with hindsight?

11 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

No idea Jim. 

I guess if they were, and said contracts were turned down, then there’s only one option…and it’s the exit door.

I just feel very deflated.

This is the thing I can’t work out.

No buyers.

For a Premier League team that has guaranteed income this year, and parachutes thereafter. But no-one seemingly wants it, whereas elsewhere clubs are being sought after.

It just feels odd.

Oh…and just for clarity and continuity….we ALWAYS sell our best players 🙁

We never sell any of ours, good, or bad.

I think that’s worse.

There must be a reason why nobody is buying the club. I’d have thought that they were a very attractive proposition. 

Hmmm... :huh:

I've already posted this once on here!

If you really want to know, watch the video and hear it from the Prince's mouth!

And he didn't want to sell Ndiaye.

Again, it's a bit of a long slog, but there's some interesting points if anyone's REALLY interested! :roll: