Wilko Collapses Into Administration

24 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

People want convenience.  They don't want to hang about, they just want to go in get what they need, pay and leave. That's why they use the self service tills.  Yes some people like to chat.  I believe some Wilko stores have a cafe but if they don't then will be coffee shops/cafes nearby.   You want all those things but shopping habits have changed a lot.  Shops do lots of research on customer shopping habits.

Yep, Wilko was never going to be somewhere people go for a ‘shopping experience’.  I believe a big problem was their high street locations which are likely rubbish for parking which isn’t great if you’re buying tins of paint or bags of compost.  That said, I will miss Wilko for buying household items when I’m in town.  

• Like 1

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

It's fully licensed.

And yet doesn't list a single alcoholic item on the menu which includes drinks. 

Can't wait to go into the bowling alley in Starbucks tomorrow. See, I can make things up too. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, redruby said:

Yep, Wilko was never going to be somewhere people go for a ‘shopping experience’.  I believe a big problem was their high street locations which are likely rubbish for parking which isn’t great if you’re buying tins of paint or bags of compost.  That said, I will miss Wilko for buying household items when I’m in town.  

I agree that some of Wilko shops are not ideal for parking.  They opened one at Meadowhall and about the same time they opened one at the Metrocentre Gateshead shopping centre, near where I live, both ideal for free parking. Did they realise that some of there locations are out dated but they left it to late to do something about it?

I will also miss Wilko when they close.

Just now, hauxwell said:

I agree that some of Wilko shops are not ideal for parking.  They opened one at Meadowhall and about the same time they opened one at the Metrocentre Gateshead shopping centre, near where I live, both ideal for free parking. Did they realise that some of there locations are out dated but they left it to late to do something about it?

I will also miss Wilko when they close.

I am going to visit the international airport in the Haymarket branch of Wilko tomorrow. 

Edited by HeHasRisen