Wilko Collapses Into Administration

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Haymarket wasn't on the list of ones to close and the article said B&M would be rebranding the remaining stores.

So Haymarket Wilko is a gonner then? I wonder what will happen with the post office. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if, as a temporary measure, they carry on using the Wilko site for the post office with some makeshift access arrangements and the rest of the Wilko old shop floor cordoned off.  Very depressing.

Poor staff.  I went in Wilko today and overheard some of them saying they heard the news today not from their employer but via news channels and social media.  

1 minute ago, redruby said:

wouldn’t be surprised if, as a temporary measure, they carry on using the Wilko site for the post office with some makeshift access arrangements and the rest of the Wilko old shop floor cordoned off.  Very depressing.

They did this when the Co-op shut.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

So you are claiming its not normal for a chain of stores to continue trading whilst the administrators/liquidators attempt to find a buyer? 

Maybe go and retake that diploma. 

Liquidators don't run businesses, they consolidate debts. I passed my Business Diploma with flying colours, I don't need to re-take it.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Haymarket wasn't on the list of ones to close and the article said B&M would be rebranding the remaining stores.

So Haymarket Wilko is a gonner then? I wonder what will happen with the post office. 

I was up on the 2nd floor of Wilko's a few weeks ago, a day or so after the announced the possibility of going into administration & a bloke said the same thing. 

Surely, even in this digital day & age, a major city still needs some form of central Post Office presence?