Wilko Collapses Into Administration

50 minutes ago, Bilge said:

Which of the Sheffield branches are  still open? I’d like to go one last time!

I read Hillsbro closed yesterday, Meadowhall closes Wed next week. Is the town branch still open? 

Just go shoplifting......I bet the staff won't stop you walking out with a new kettle or lamp

The shelves are probably empty anyway

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

The shelves are probably empty anyway

Many have been empty for some time, that's been part of the problem, that and the extra competition from Home Bargains and B&M.

I was having a chat to an ex Wilko employee the other day and he was saying it goes deeper.

He said they were always a pile it high and sell it cheap outfit (though years ago their tools were decent quality actually, less so recently....), but the daughter took over the company and wanted to run it like John Lewis.....

Edited by Chekhov

16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Many have been empty for some time, that's been part of the problem, that and the extra competition from Home Bargains and B&M.

I was having a chat to an ex Wilko employee the other day and he was saying it goes deeper.

He said they were always a pile it high and sell it cheap outfit (though years ago their tools were decent quality actually, less so recently....), but the daughter took over the company and wanted to run it like John Lewis.....

Who would have thought that taking near £80 million out of the business would adversely affect it...

• Haha 1

The wilko store at St James Retail Park will shut for good on Thursday, October 5, with the shops at Haymarket and Crystal Peaks closing their doors for the final time on Sunday, October 8

Wilko’s owners look set to be hauled in front of MPs to be grilled over a £56million hole in the collapsed retailer’s pension fund. 

Edited by Jack Grey

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Wilkinsons , King of Shops  will close a Crystal Peaks on Sunday . Been in again today a got some  cheap stuff for the garden . Its a sad sight 

I went in the Haymarket one yesterday and there wasn’t much left at all.  
The Post Office in there has closed.  Has it been moved?