Wilko Collapses Into Administration

Guest ThaBoom
3 hours ago, Derby said:

Wilko benefited from covid because they sell medicines and were allowed to stay open.  Wilko sell gardening stuff which was in high demand during the lockdown.

They never recovered post Covid.

The pandemic didn't help, they might have had stores opened but that meant reduced hours, footfall down due to staying in etc.

Customers say the chain just never got back to pre Covid levels- shelves remained empty and most of us noticed that too.

If you can't get stock on shelf, you don't sell.

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

used it for years the wife gets me vouchers for xmas and i spend £200 every jan on garden stuff,dont know what i will do without them as lots dont take the vouchers from is it love to shop or something like that any ideas folks?

There’s a type of voucher that you can spend anywhere in the UK, it’s issued by the Bank of England.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

used it for years the wife gets me vouchers for xmas and i spend £200 every jan on garden stuff,dont know what i will do without them as lots dont take the vouchers from is it love to shop or something like that any ideas folks?

Used to use L2S myself but now I just put money into a bank account and give the card to my Mum so I can't access it without a great deal of faf. She gives me the card back just before Christmas and I spend what was saved. 

7 hours ago, bassett one said:

This is a list of where to spend love2shop vouchers:
https://www.highstreetvouchers.com/gift/where-to-spend-love2shop-vouchers

18 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

It was my go to place for home brew kits.

Have you tried "do it at home" over in roverum, I stopped with wilkos a few years ago price up 50% in a couple of years, yeast missing, poor choice. You can order online but cheaper to get tram to roth and stock up. Nice people, worth a pop in the shop, makes your eyes go very big, if they don't have it it probably don't exist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Arthur Ritus said:

Have you tried "do it at home" over in roverum, I stopped with wilkos a few years ago price up 50% in a couple of years, yeast missing, poor choice. You can order online but cheaper to get tram to roth and stock up. Nice people, worth a pop in the shop, makes your eyes go very big, if they don't have it it probably don't exist.

My missis goes here, not for the homebrew, but for the fancy bottles they sell, she decorates them and sells them 

Must say I haven't been in Wilko for years. Much prefer Home Bargains which is essentially the same, but with decent priced alcohol. And easier to get to, which is mainly the issue for Wilko - don't think they have any "out of town" locations that I know of. 

27 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Must say I haven't been in Wilko for years. Much prefer Home Bargains which is essentially the same, but with decent priced alcohol. And easier to get to, which is mainly the issue for Wilko - don't think they have any "out of town" locations that I know of. 

Home Bargains is nowt like Wilkinsons for gardening or d.i.y.

44 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

There is (or was) one at Parkgate Retail Park near the Tram park & ride.