Police Face Complaint Over Arrest Of Autistic Leeds Teenager

I think most would agree that there's always more than one side to every story and a short video clip is really only a snapshot in time. 

In this and many other cases, a person's medical condition does (and will) have a bearing on police responses, but they aren't mind-readers and sometimes have to make judgements and respond very quickly.

It is a fact that some people,  with and without  disabilities do commit offences and they still have to be dealt with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I don't believe them. I'm siding with Bacon on this. The story seems just that, a story.

The mums playing the autistic angle like she cares yet allegedly let's her autistic (vulnerable) teen goes out alone and get drunk.

1 hour ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

Could be read  as 16 yr old intoxicated at 1am in a city centre, getting a free taxi home by cops, desides to be a smart asre then cried wolf.

Shining example of  concerned  parenting 

Seems just about every kid who's being a little scrote suddenly had some form of mental illness these days, ADHD, Austim etc and whilst I don't deny that these conditions do exist, I think the vast majority of claims are just covering for poor parenting.

Even in some cases I feel where a genuine diagnosis has been made some parents see it as an excuse to rest on their laurels where parenting is concerned, using it as a crutch for their kids poor behaviour. 

Edited by Resident

27 minutes ago, Resident said:

Seems just about every kid who's being a little scrote suddenly had some form of mental illness these days, ADHD, Austim etc and whilst I don't deny that these conditions do exist, I think the vast majority of claims are just covering for poor parenting.

Even in some cases I feel where a genuine diagnosis has been made some parents see it as an excuse to rest on their laurels where parenting is concerned, using it as a crutch for their kids poor behaviour. 

:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Resident said:

Nailed it.

Same with mental health. It's just a go to excuse for being a horrible toe rag.

Thank goodness it's only the naive minority who are falling for it now.

Not only is it laughable, it's incredibly condescending to folk who really suffer from these issues.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Resident said:

This is absolutely true. I worked in special schools for a few years and often heard the refrain, "But he's got special needs," from parents with badly behaved children.

It does seem to be a half story.

She's 16

She's Autistic

She's intoxicated

She's in the City (Alone?)

I doubt this would be a one off. Are her parents are OK with this?

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Our police are way too soft anyway 

We have a 'fit for purpose' police force? I'd go one step above "too soft" They are useless! (experts at sitting in their car)

I know there are good officers, but the 'can't be bothered' - 'easy nick' and lazy officers seem to be in the majority.

Apparently the girl was arrested for a public order offence for what she said In her home.

Which isn't public 🤔

Also, I'm pretty sure a copper can't be 'offended' whilst on duty so the breach of section 5 isn't applicable?

From Google 

Can a police officer feel alarmed harassed and distressed?
The basic principle is that a police officer cannot be alarmed etc. by conduct which, although it would alarm others had they been present, is conduct a police officer meets regularly in the course of his duty. He is expected to be able to cope with 'everyday' misconduct without being particularly alarmed etc.

My Internet is very slow today and search results are taking an age to load so if anyone can find more info on that I'd be grateful 👍
Edited by The_DADDY