Police Face Complaint Over Arrest Of Autistic Leeds Teenager

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

Alcohol does NOT change anyone's personality, it lowers/removes your inhibitions and brings out the real you. People who get nasty and violent when drunk are just deep down nasty and violent people and  the alcohol brought it out.

This is true. Both my kids have an occasional tipple. My lad has never been drunk but my daughter has on one occasion.  She just got a little louder, a little funnier and wouldnt shut her gob for 2 minutes 🙄. She woke up with a slight headache and hasn't had the desire to get drunk again. 

Having seen more of the video I have to say the blonde copper seems very unprofessional. Clearly her feelings are hurt and she appears to have an aggressive manner not fit for the police.

Having said that I still don't fully believe the story of how it all began. I might be wrong but it just doesn't ring true to me. 

On 10/08/2023 at 22:31, The_DADDY said:

Police have received a complaint after a woman said her autistic daughter was arrested for saying a female officer "looked like her lesbian nana".

A video uploaded to TikTok by her mother showed the girl being detained by seven officers outside her home in Leeds early on Monday 7 August.

Officers said she was taken home after reports that she was intoxicated and at risk in Leeds city centre.

West Yorkshire Police said the video showed a "limited snapshot" of events.

The incident was filmed by the teenager's mother and posted with the caption: "This is what police do when dealing with autistic children.

"My daughter told me the police officer looked like her nana, who is a lesbian.

"The officer took it the wrong way and said it was a homophobic comment (it wasn't). The officer then entered my home.

"My daughter was having panic attacks from being touched by them and they still continued to manhandle her."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-66462895.amp

I have two autistic kids, both are amazing but both are hard work. They can both say inappropriate things at inappropriate times but they never mean any harm by it. Not sure I'd be able to contain myself if either of my kids were assaulted by the police for a harmless comment If that's what happened. 

Your thoughts?

This is typical of modern society, over sensitive and everything is a big over reaction.

The ultimate sin is that anyone could possibly be upset....

But here's the kicker, trying to prevent one person being upset has just upset someone else, which is exactly what happens pretty much all the time (including during Covid) censored.

Just man up.

55 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

This is typical of modern society, over sensitive and everything is a big over reaction.

The ultimate sin is that anyone could possibly be upset....

But here's the kicker, trying to prevent one person being upset has just upset someone else, which is exactly what happens pretty much all the time (including during Covid) censored.

Just man up.

Bloke who spends his entire forum time whining, crying and over-reacting about every tiny little thing telling others to man up is galactic level irony.

On 17/08/2023 at 10:00, Hecate said:

Bloke who spends his entire forum time whining, crying and over-reacting about every tiny little thing telling others to man up is galactic level irony. 

No, you have it 180 degrees wrong.

I am sick to the back teeth of disproportionate over reaction in this over sensitive modern society we now live in.

Almost all what you call "whining" is pointing out what a pathetic cotton wool society we live in.

The ultimate irony is, as this thread points out, that society has gone so far with trying to stop anyone ever being upset it just means other people get upset :

"No upset was saved in the making of this ruling"

But anyway, most of this stuff doesn't upset me, well OK, I admit it, being stopped from videoing my lad winning his first ever fly race really upset me. No, most of this stuff annoys me. It's pathetic disproportionate authoritarian cobblers. We need more people to question it, don't just accept the BS people keep loading on us all.

Edited by Chekhov