Mans Best Friend

I am sickened and appalled by the recent attack by the media and certain members on this forum towards mans best friend the dog.

Ok it is clear that some human nutters breed and keep nasty breeds , you see em every day with there short slavering snouts  and aggressive behaviour towards both other dogs and human kind .

What these slagger offers do not take into consideration  is the Good that comes from owning and living with a nice friendly creature who thinks you are the finest being to ever walk this planet.

On top of that we the friendly dog owner community who one meets every day on the  must be done dog walk ,to some this is the High light of their day , greeting and chin wagging with others , this in some cases is the only human contact they may have .

Then we have the working dogs , the ones sent into mine fields by the armed forces , the police dogs who tackle armed criminals  without thought for them selves , the sheep and farm dogs who make the farmers job so much easier, and if they did not have these. clever canines almost impossible , Then the dogs who lead blind people around never flinching at the constantly speeding traffic as they negotiate the pitfalls  of every day life for their owner .

We have wars were human kills human  no one turns a hair , we have people stabbing each other  to death on the streets of our Towns and City's its no longer front page news , but!!!!!!!! Let there be one dog fatality event and the pages and TV are In over drive ,, let there be one bit of dog crap in local park and its the end of the World to some  this while our seas and rivers are full to over flowing with human stuff . 

Lay of dogs the ones that are nasty are that way because the owner is usually the Same , or has been  the victim of in breeding by nut cases who should be named and shamed ..

Edited by cuttsie
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I am sickened and appalled by the recent attack by the media and certain members on this forum towards mans best friend the dog.

Ok it is clear that some human nutters bread and keep nasty breeds , you see em every day with there short slavering snouts  and aggressive behaviour towards both other dogs and human kind .

What these do slagger offers do not take into consideration  is the Good that comes from owning and living with a nice friendly creature who thinks you are the finest being to ever walk this planet.

On top of that we the friendly dog owner community who one meets every day on the  must be done dog walk ,to some this is the High light of their day , greeting and chin wagging with others , this in some cases is the only human contact they may have .

Then we have the working dogs , the ones sent into mine fields by the armed forces , the police dogs who tackle armed criminals  without thought for them selves , the sheep and farm dogs who make the farmers job so much easier, and if they did not have these. clever canines almost impossible , Then the dogs who lead blind people around never flinching at the constantly speeding traffic as they negotiate the pitfalls  of every day life for their owner .

We have wars were human kills human  no one turns a hair , we have people stabbing each other  to death on the streets of our Towns and City's its no longer front page news , but!!!!!!!! Let there be one dog fatality event and the pages and TV are In over drive ,, let there be one bit of dog crap in local park and its the end of the World to some  this while our seas and rivers are full to over flowing with human stuff . 

Lay of dogs the ones that are nasty are that way because the owner is usually the Same , or has been  the victim of in breeding by nut cases who should be named and shamed ..

Well said cuttsie,  I fully agree with that.

9 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Ok it is clear that some human nutters breed and keep nasty breeds , you see em every day with there short slavering snouts  and aggressive behaviour towards both other dogs and human kind .

What these do slagger offers do not take into consideration  is the Good that comes from owning and living with a nice friendly creature who thinks you are the finest being to ever walk this planet.

Amen brother.

• Like 1

I moved two years ago to Eckington having lived my first 21 years on the Manor estate then moved to Gleadless Valley where we lived for 53 years , when I lived on the Manor you never saw any kind of American bull dogs, perhaps a staffie or two but generally they were cross bred dogs, around thirty years ago the type of dog that that became popular were the tough looking dogs that the owners used to enhance their standing in their particular group and to scare other people, then the Doberman , Rottweiler sadly the American Pit bull became the dog of preference by the idiots that infested the Valley, I know all dogs have a quick change temperament but responsible owners seem to contain their urges.

Since moving here two years ago I've seen one " my dogs more vicious than yours " dog the others that pass my home every day is like watching Crufts contestants strolling in front of the judges. To end all dogs can bite but for some people actually promote this trait is scandalous, don't put all dogs in a black light, ( can I say that Mr Woke )

Edited by vmam
  • Like 1