Digital Visas (At A Charge. ) Needed To Travel To Europe ?

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Pretty sure people will have voted for tighter border controls. It works both ways. If you voted Leave, suck it up, you contributed to this situation. 

What makes you think I voted Leave ?

I voted Remain.

That was before Covid madness lurched me to the Libertarian right, but even now I see no contradiction in my Remainer position. I'm about people being allowed to do stuff without restriction wherever possible. 

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

Only if they go to two different European Unions.

On a serious note, things like this actually amuse me, as it just shows how the majority of voters were duped. Big time. They made their bed now though, now it's time to lie in it. And pay the seven Euros. And only bring 200 fags back. 

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

What's the diference ?

You pay seven Euros so you don't need a visa. It's not tricky. 

Do I really have to explain it to you? It's nearly bedtime. Just Google the ESTA system the Yanks use, it's identical. 

It's also not just aimed at us poor Brits btw. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Does anyone know anything about this ?

I had a quick Google but contradictory stuff seemed to come up.

Somebody told me we'd soon be needing a Digi Visa or something to even travel to European countries, like Spain for instance.

I could not believe it, but these days anything is possible I suppose.

They also said that we'd have to pay for them, despite the fact they were being introduced to save the border force(s) money. If true that seems fair (not)..... We pay extra to save them money ! ? !

For a stay of 90 days and under, no visa requirement at the moment.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/uk-citizens-travelling-to-the-eu-switzerland-norway-iceland-or-liechtenstein/

From 2024 an ETIAS  authorisation (not a visa) will be  required.

https://travel-europe.europa.eu/etias_en

Oh the joys of Brexit eh?

Edited by Longcol

10 hours ago, Chekhov said:

What's the diference ?

UK travellers, holidaymakers, students, business, contractors, UK residents living in Europe(not RoI) will require a VISA from next year UNLESS they have the need for a one  WAIVED by for example, the possession of an ETIAS.

There are other exemptions for example:

being/rich/famous/posh/connected can and does bring certain benefits in certain countries(and in reverse).

the possession of an Irish Passport- as most people in Northern Ireland can.

If you lie on your ETIAS application(takes less than 100 hours) or misuse or overstay you will be could be required to apply for a new full Visa each time you travel(takes weeks). It is also probable that rules will change with certain countrie pushing  for much tougher requirements from UK with spent criminal, drug, fraud, abuse and violent histories being declared. The UK thresholds are seen as being far too weak.

• Thanks 1