Digital Visas (At A Charge. ) Needed To Travel To Europe ?

4 hours ago, RollingJ said:

OK - knee jerk reaction by me, possibly, but what does the EU aim to achieve, apart from even more bureaucracy?

The aim is to better control right of admission onto the EU territory, like others (notably the US) have done for years and longer, and like the UK will itself be doing with its own ETIAS.

As for ‘even more bureaucracy’: at the risk of restating the obvious, that is what the UK decided that it wanted in 2019 vis-à-vis the EU27, when it negotiated a hard form of Brexit. Even if many (most?) in the U.K. did not necessarily understand that before, at the time or -reading this thread- since.

• 1 month later...
On 11/08/2023 at 22:59, HeHasRisen said:

Tell us how much your Australian and NZ visas cost btw. 

Your implication that visas for Australia cost money is wrong, I have just discovered the hard way. 

I thought you had to pay for an Australian visa (partly due to your post it has to be said....) and have been scammed.

Well there we go then, I have never been so hadn't investigated throughly. 

As an aside, I noticed the outrage in this thread quickly stopped when it was pointed out the UK is doing the exact same scheme that the EU is doing, which actually costs more.... 

Edited by HeHasRisen

22 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Your implication that visas for Australia cost money is wrong, I have just discovered the hard way. 

I thought you had to pay for an Australian visa (partly due to your post it has to be said....) and have been scammed.

Erm, I said New Zealand as well you know, let's not be revisionist. 

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/policy-and-law/how-the-immigration-system-operates/visa-application-process/how-much-visa-applications-cost-and-when-to-pay

35 NZ dollars. 

On 11/08/2023 at 22:59, HeHasRisen said:

You missed the bit where I said it was valid for three years then? 🙄

Tell us how much your Australian and NZ visas cost btw. 

Apparently, this post made Chekhov go and get scammed out of 80 quid 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

@Chekhov maybe you can tell us why? 

Edited by HeHasRisen