Emergency Operators Are Warned To Ask Callers How They Want To Be Referred To

Hello this is 999… which pronoun do you require? Emergency operators are warned to ask callers how they want to be referred to rather than 'misgendering' them based on their voices

Call-centre staff should also not use Sir or Madam, with one ambulance trust stating preferred pronouns should be sought even in emergencies so the experience is less stressful for trans patients.

Others say birth sex is often irrelevant to care, so operators can use patients' self-identified gender.

The policies can be revealed today in the second part of an investigation into the spread of contested gender ideology in the NHS. 

As the Daily Mail reported last week, hospital trusts are letting patients who only occasionally identify as women into female-only wards. Maternity staff also refer to 'birthing people' rather than women and mothers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12400921/Hello-999-pronoun-require-Emergency-operators-warned-ask-callers-want-referred-misgendering-based-voices.html?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=DailyMailUS%2Fmagazine%2FTop+Stories

If this is true then I'm not sure about you but in an emergency Pronouns would be the least of my worries 

Your thoughts?

13 minutes ago, Mister M said:

My thoughts is that the Daily Mail want to whip up their readership into a frenzy over a relatively trivial point.

I agree. I think as we move towards the next General Election we will likely see more of such stories from the Conservative-supporting press.

Perhaps they should be filed under 'What's Happening In Daily Mail  Land Today?'.

Edited by horribleblob

Just now, horribleblob said:

I agree. I think as we move towards the next General Election we will likely see more of such stories from the Conservative-supporting press.

Perhaps they should be filed under 'Whats Happening In Daily Mail  Land Today?'.

I work in the social care sector, and when I first meet clients, one of the first questions I ask them is how they would like to be referred Mr Surname, Mrs Surname, their Christian name, or some other variation. It's just good manners.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I work in the social care sector, and when I first meet clients, one of the first questions I ask them is how they would like to be referred Mr Surname, Mrs Surname, their Christian name, or some other variation. It's just good manners.

Exactly this, even when I ring the bank up or whatever they ask me a variation of this question, what's the actual outrage here? 

I highly doubt if someone rings 999 in a massive panic and are screaming down the phone they aren't going to be helped until the operator gets their gender cleared up 🙄🙄

• Like 4